RDF Health & Human Care, Faith Strengthening Grants
Rupert Dunklau Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $750,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2019 (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 31, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Capital Project
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Preferred: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- If your ministry (organization) has not received a grant previously, you must first complete and submit a Grant Inquiry Form by email or in writing.
- Once this inquiry form has been received and acknowledged you will be informed within 45 days of it's receipt whether your ministry would be invited to submit a Grant Application. If your Grant Inquiry is accepted you will be sent the full Grant Application Form as well as full instructions for completing same.
- Applications are due at the "full proposal" deadline above.
About the Foundation
The Foundation was established in 1968 to provide Rupert and Ruth Dunklau a systematic method of gifting to God’s people a portion of the blessings God had given them.
The Foundation exists to glorify God and serve His gracious will, by providing financial resources for the varied ministries related to the Lutheran tradition, especially the Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod, educational entities of the Lutheran Church and appropriate projects that promote the welfare of mankind.
Initial funding took place when the Foundation was established, and additional funding has occurred periodically since that time. In 1998 the Foundation received a major infusion of funds from the estate of Ruth E. Dunklau, who was taken home to be with her Savior on November 27th, 1998. The Lord called Rupert to Himself on February 3, 2016. The initial and additional funding provides the base to carry out the Foundation objectives.
A Board of Directors has been established to carry out fiduciary responsibilities, including sound investment and accurate accounting of funds. The Board reviews requests for funds, awards grants according to the Mission, Vision and Purpose established (and in accord with IRS rules and regulations), and reviews reports received from organizations receiving funds.
Priority will be given to grant requests that help the Foundation realize it's three main goals:
The Foundation will support processes, efforts and programs of ministries that strengthen, enhance and embolden participants and their families to share their Christian faith in His Gospel Message, lived as well as spoken.
Health and Human Care
The Foundation will support processes, efforts and programs of ministries that take collaborative and results- oriented approaches that address the varied needs of people in His Church and the communities they serve, thus promoting the welfare of mankind.
View grant page for Lutheran high school education here.
View grant page for Lutheran higher education here.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Prospective applicants must have the 501 (c) (3) tax exempt status conferred by the Internal Revenue Service or be tax-supported entities of government.
- Health and Human Care: Grant requests from such Lutheran entities and organizations in the upper Midwest may receive favorable priority. In addition, grant requests promoting a better understanding of the scriptural view of Life issues (as defined by the LCMS) may receive favorable priority.
- Faith Strengthening: Grant requests from Lutheran entities and organizations in the upper Midwest may receive favorable priority.
- The Foundation does not award grants to individuals.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RDF Health & Human Care, Faith Strengthening Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.