RWJF: Emergency Response for the Healthcare System Innovation Challenge
Robert Wood Johnson FoundationSuggest an update
Next predicted deadline: Jun 12, 2021 8:59pm PDT (Pre proposal)
Later predicted deadlines: Aug 18, 2021 8:59pm PDT (Full proposal)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Biomedical informatics Disaster Preparedness Data Science & Digital Information Systems Health Information Technology
Applicant type: Organizations, Individuals
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Emergency Response for the Healthcare System Innovation Challenge
Can you create a digital tool supporting the health care system (including but not limited to providers, government, and public health and community organizations) during a large-scale health crisis (pandemic, natural disaster, or other public health emergency)?
During a large-scale health crisis, the health care system (including but not limited to providers, government, and public health and community organizations) is faced with a sudden increase in patients who need help. Digital tools can assist the health care community as it adapts to quickly changing circumstances and needs by addressing multiple categories:
- Capacity management: The ability to treat large numbers of people quickly.
- Clinical integration: The ability to coordinate patient care.
- Communication: The ability for providers internally and externally within a health care system to share information and collaborate with each other.
- Data analytics, tracking, and visualization: The ability to easily collect and understand information.
- Data exchange: The ability to share information among providers such as number of available beds, supply shortages, etc.
- Mental health tools for providers: Tools that address the mental health needs of providers such as burnout.
- Population health: Tools for providers to address the health of a community as a whole.
- Preparedness: Tools to prepare for future emergencies.
- Resource management: Tools to track and shift resources as needed.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.