S. Mark Taper Foundation Grant
S. Mark Taper FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Feb 14, 2021 12:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Human & Social Services Health & Medicine Environment Education Civic Affairs Art & Culture
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Imperial County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County, Santa Barbara County, Ventura County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in California: Imperial County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County, Santa Barbara County, Ventura County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
S. Mark Taper Foundation
The S. Mark Taper Foundation, founded in 1989, is a private family foundation dedicated to enhancing the quality of people's lives by supporting nonprofit organizations and their work in our communities.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation is a responsive grantmaker that typically provides funding in the following areas:
- Civic Affairs
- Social Services
Types of Grant Funding Provided
- General Operating Support (GOS): unrestricted, core operating support that bolsters an organization's overall mission and can be allocated as the organization sees fit.
- Program: funding is allocated to a specific program or project within the organization.
- Capital: funding is allocated to a physical project, such as the purchase of a building and/or land, renovating an existing building, constructing a new building, or purchasing equipment.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation has three size categories as follows:
|Small||Up to $50,000|
|Large||$100,001 and above|
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The S. Mark Taper Foundation will consider a Letter of Inquiry from a non-profit organization that provides services in any of the following eight Southern California counties:
- Los Angeles County
- Imperial County
- Orange County
- Riverside County
- San Bernardino County
- San Diego County
- Santa Barbara County
- Ventura County
- An applicant must be certified as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- See FAQ for further guidelines.
- For past grantees, there is a three-grant-cycle ineligibility period.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”