San Antonio Area Foundation: COVID-19 Response Fund Grant
San Antonio Area FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Fields of work: Basic Human Needs Epidemiology & Public Health Employment Services Health Insurance Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Atascosa County, Bandera County, Bexar County, Comal County, Guadalupe County, Kendall County, Medina County, Wilson County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Texas: Atascosa County, Bandera County, Bexar County, Comal County, Guadalupe County, Kendall County, Medina County, Wilson County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
Note: Applications for the COVID-19 Response Fund are accepted and reviewed on an on-going basis. An approval or denial notification will be sent to the grant applicant within ten business days of submission.
COVID-19 Response Fund
In the event of a crisis, emergency or natural disaster, the San Antonio Area Foundation is here to help. The COVID-19 Response Fund was created by the Area Foundation, and multiple partners, including the United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
What we fund
We are providing general operating grants nonprofit organizations with deep roots in community and strong experience in serving populations in the following issue areas:
- Lack of health insurance and/or access to paid sick leave
- Economic impact of reduced and lost work
- Immediate needs of economically vulnerable population caused by COVID-19 related closures
- Increased demand for medical information and support due to fear and confusion among the most vulnerable residents
- Assistance with funding that can be used for food supplies, prescriptions/medical that is not covered by insurance, emergency shelter and cleanup of the disaster.
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions about our COVID-19 Response Fund grantmaking process.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant funding is available to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina and Wilson counties.
- Applications to this fund on behalf of individual persons will not be accepted, but community residents needing resources or assistance due to COVID-19 may call United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County's 2-1-1 Help Line.
- For the COVID-19 Response Fund, we do not make grants for:
- Capital campaigns (capital funds are made available through a separate process)
- Religious purposes
- Debt reduction
- Scholarships for colleges, universities and trade schools (scholarship funds available through a separate process)
- Political activities, organizations, or lobbying efforts intended to influence legislation
- Non-emergency work that has already been completed
- Operating deficits or deficits due to:
- Gradual loss of funding
- Loss of government funding
- Waiting for government reimbursement
- Startup program expenses
- Operating expenses for strategic planning or organizational development needs
- Any application sent to an individual staff member of the Area Foundation cannot be accepted.