Safe and Stable Families Grant
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Deadline: Jul 6, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Oregon: Clackamas County, Columbia County, Deschutes County, Gilliam County, Hood River County, Jefferson County, Marion County, Morrow County, Multnomah County, Polk County, Sherman County, Washington County, Yamhill County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Oregon: Clackamas County, Columbia County, Deschutes County, Gilliam County, Hood River County, Jefferson County, Marion County, Morrow County, Multnomah County, Polk County, Sherman County, Washington County, Yamhill County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The PGE Foundation works in collaboration with the community to help improve educational outcomes, inspire critical thinking through arts experiences and strengthen family stability.
Safe and Stable Families
Safe and Stable Families grants focus on preventive programs that promote family stability in the areas of:
- food insecurity,
- mental wellness,
- and parent engagement.
Safe and Stable Families grants are directed toward programs that help parents, grandparents and guardians caring for children (up to age 26) develop stable family relationships, economic security and a safe and consistent home environment.
The PGE Foundation giving is separate from the corporate giving of Portland General Electric. We award grants for operating expenses and programs. Limited grants are awarded for new and existing capital construction if the organization’s mission aligns with our focus areas. We operate both independently and in collaboration with other funders in awarding grants to nonprofit organizations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We award grants to:
- Charitable, nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations classified as 501 (c) (3) by the Internal Revenue Service or those with a qualifying equivalent status;
- Organizations based in Oregon and serving Oregonians;
- Organizations, programs and services that are aligned with one or more of our three focus areas; and
- Organizations that comply with our non discrimination policy.
- Grants will be awarded to nonprofits located in areas where Portland General Electric has customers or power-generating plants.
- The PGE Foundation reviews only one request per calendar year from organizations.
- Priority will go to projects that support underserved communities and deliver measurable outcomes.
- We extend a higher level of consideration to grant applications that are:
- Submitted by organizations operating collaboratively or in partnership with other nonprofits or agencies; and
- Designed with measurable objectives.
- We do not consider requests for the following:
- Previous grant recipients who have not completed a final impact report;
- Bridge grants, debt retirement or operational deficits;
- Endowment funds;
- General fund drives or annual appeals;
- Requests to support political entities, ballot measure campaigns or candidates for political office;
- Requests from organizations that discriminate, in services provided and/or hiring practices, based on race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sex, marital status, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans status or color;
- Requests from fraternal, sectarian and religious organizations if the grant is intended for the principal benefit of the organization’s own members or adherents;
- Any activities or organizations for which support would violate IRS regulations for private foundations;
- Direct grants to individuals;
- Direct support for library operations;
- Travel expenses;
- Conferences, symposiums, festivals, events, team sponsorships or user fees; or
- Capital expenses to purchase vehicles, office furniture, computers, etc.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Safe and Stable Families Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.