PGE Foundation: Safe and Stable Families
PGE FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Deadline: Jul 10, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Oregon: Clackamas County, Columbia County, Deschutes County, Gilliam County, Hood River County, Jefferson County, Marion County, Morrow County, Multnomah County, Polk County, Sherman County, Washington County, Yamhill County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Oregon: Clackamas County, Columbia County, Deschutes County, Gilliam County, Hood River County, Jefferson County, Marion County, Morrow County, Multnomah County, Polk County, Sherman County, Washington County, Yamhill County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The PGE Foundation works in collaboration with the community to help improve educational outcomes, inspire critical thinking through arts experiences and strengthen family stability.
Safe and Stable Families
We are committed to helping families overcome barriers and improve their quality of life. When families have proper access to housing, food, and support they can create a safer, more sustainable future.
If you're interested in submitting a proposal for a family-oriented program, consider:
- Preventive approaches that help families create stable environments where children can grow and thrive, with emphasis on addressing food insecurity, housing/homelessness, mental wellness and parent engagement
- Programs that help parents, grandparents and guardians caring for children (up to age 26) develop stable family relationships, economic security and a safe and consistent home environment
We prioritize programs that use input from the community they're serving and intentionally focus on communities that have faced historic or systemic barriers in reaching equal outcomes.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We award grants to:
- Charitable, nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations classified as 501 (c) (3) by the Internal Revenue Service or those with a qualifying equivalent status
- Organizations based in Oregon and serving Oregonians with priority to organizations located in counties where PGE has customers and power-generating plants
- Organizations, programs and services that are aligned with one or more of our three focus areas
- Organizations that comply with our nondiscrimination policy
- We extend a higher level of consideration to grant applications that are:
- Submitted by organizations operating collaboratively or in partnership with other nonprofits or agencies
- Designed with measurable objectives
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their mission and operations
- We do not consider requests for the following:
- Previous grant recipients who have not completed a final impact report
- Bridge grants, debt retirement or operational deficits
- Endowment funds
- General fund drives or annual appeals
- Requests to support political entities, ballot measure campaigns or candidates for political office
- Requests from organizations that discriminate, in services provided and/or hiring practices, based on race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sex, marital status, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans status or color
- Requests from fraternal, sectarian and/or religious organizations, especially if the grant is intended for the principal benefit of the organization’s own members or adherents
- Any activities or organizations for which support would violate IRS regulations for private foundations
- Direct grants to individuals
- Direct support for library operations, or capital
- Travel expenses
- Conferences, symposiums, festivals, events, team sponsorships or user fees
- Capital expenses to purchase vehicles, office furniture, computers, etc.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the PGE Foundation: Safe and Stable Families by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.