Saint Luke's Foundation: Discretionary Grants (up to $15,000)
Saint Luke's Foundation Of Cleveland, OhioSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Cuyahoga County, Ohio
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: As is the case with all kind of grantmaking the Foundation does, a conversation with a member of the program staff will be required before submitting an application. Please contact someone on the program staff prior to submitting an application.
First Year Funding Priorities
The Saint Luke's Foundation provides support to organizations involved in addressing issues of health equity and social determinants of health as outlined here. There are many organizations and programs that address these issues and we recognize that we can do it all all of the time. Thus, the board has set forth the following priorities for 7/1/2018 - 12/31/2019:
- Abate environmental triggers (such as lead and mold) affecting safety of housing
- Demolition and rehabilitation in the Saint Luke's neighborhood (Buckeye, Woodland Hills, Mt. Pleasant and Shaker Square/Larchmere)
- Efforts related to sustaining and building thriving commercial corridors in the Saint Luke's neighborhood
- Improve public safety in the Saint Luke's neighborhood
- Increase education and awareness of the effects of trauma and toxic stress and prepare organizations to better equipped to handle this
- School and community infrastructure around availability of fresh, local and healthy food
- Policy efforts involving Medicaid
- Education and registration of voters in disenfranchised neighborhoods in Cuyahoga County
- Effective lead legislation
Saint Luke's provides funding for the following:
- General operating
- Program support
- Capacity building
- Capital project
Requests for discretionary funding will be considered for time-sensitive or one-time requests under $15,000 that are tied to our strategy. These might include leveraging or matching opportunities, capacity building, or grants to organizations with whom we are just starting a relationship. Discretionary dollars can also be used for special projects such as a strategic plan or summer program initiative. Finally, discretionary grants can be used to fund pilot projects.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be either an organization designated as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, with a non-private foundation status with the IRS, or a governmental unit or agency.
- The Foundation provides grants to organizations supporting Cuyahoga County’s underserved communities.
- Saint Luke's Does Not Fund:
- Religious organizations for religious or evangelical purposes
- Projects outside Cuyahoga County that do not directly benefit Cuyahoga County residents
- Fundraising events
- Endowment funds
- Biomedical research
- Debt retirement or reduction
- Private Foundations or public charities with 509(a)(3), Type III, Non Functionally Integrated designation from the IRS
- Organizations that in their constitution, by-laws or practices discriminate against a person or group on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Saint Luke's Foundation: Discretionary Grants (up to $15,000) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.