CFG Capacity Building Grants
Community Foundation of GreenvilleSuggest an update
Deadline: Sep 30, 2020
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Fields of work: All fields of work
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Greenville County, South Carolina
Location of residency: Greenville County, South CarolinaView website Save
About this funder:
Capacity Building Grants
The Community Foundation allocates funds for Capacity Building Grants based on income generated by the Foundation’s unrestricted endowment. Organizations may apply one time per year.
The Community Foundation of Greenville welcomes grant requests from established 501(c)(3) tax-exempt agencies (operating two or more years), located within or offering services to the citizens of Greenville County, South Carolina. The Foundation encourages grant requests that support an organizations ability to establish and/or maintain a solid operating structure, and develop and sustain good governance practices.
Capacity Building funding opportunities may include:
- Projects designed to improve the organization’s ability to monitor and respond to the needs of its clients and supporters
- Projects involving adoption of management innovation, process improvement and accountability
- Strategies to form collaborative ventures with public, private or other nonprofit institutions
- To support technology audits and analyses of information management systems
- Purchases of computers (hardware or software) or other equipment necessary to improve the organization’s ability to achieve its mission
- Efforts to diversify the organization’s revenue streams
Examples of Capacity Building include:
- Financial planning
- Organizational assessment
- Strategic and long-range planning
- Program evaluation and planning
- Developing marketing plans
- Leadership development
- Feasibility studies
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Community Foundation of Greenville welcomes grant requests from non-profit, 501(c) (3) tax-exempt agencies located within or offering services to the citizens of Greenville County, South Carolina.
- Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and an agency can apply for one Capacity Building Grant per year.
- We will not make grants to individuals.
- We will not fund:
- tuition for degree programs,
- fees and other costs to attend conferences,
- capital campaigns,
- campaign consultants (other than initial feasibility study),
- recurring staff or board training expenses and endowments.
Want to discover new grants?
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”