CFG Capacity Building Grants
Community Foundation of Greenville
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 28, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Greenville County, South Carolina
Location of residency: Greenville County, South CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Capacity Building Grants
The Community Foundation allocates funds for Capacity Building Grants based on income generated by the Foundation's unrestricted endowment and donor directed contributions.
The Foundation encourages grant requests that help organizations establish and maintain a solid structure and develop and sustain good governance practices. We believe that when capacity building is successful, it strengthens and improves a nonprofit's ability to achieve its mission, sustain itself over time and have a quantifiable impact on the community in which it serves.
Capacity Building funding opportunities include:
- Projects designed to improve the organization's ability to monitor and respond to the needs of its clients and supporters;
- Projects involving adoption of management innovation, process improvement and accountability;
- Strategies to form collaborative ventures with public, private or other nonprofit institutions;
- To support technology audits and analyses of information management systems;
- Purchases of computers (hardware or software) or other equipment necessary to improve the organization's ability to achieve its mission; and
- Efforts to diversify the organization's revenue streams.
Examples of Capacity Building include:
- Financial planning;
- Organizational assessment;
- Strategic and long-range planning;
- Program evaluation and planning;
- Developing marketing plans;
- Leadership development;
- Mergers/collaboration; and
- Feasibility studies.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Community Foundation of Greenville welcomes grant requests from non-profit, 501(c) (3) tax-exempt agencies located within or offering services to the citizens of Greenville County, South Carolina.
- Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and an agency can apply for one Capacity Building Grant per year.
- We will not make grants to individuals.
- We will not fund:
- tuition for degree programs,
- fees and other costs to attend conferences,
- capital campaigns,
- campaign consultants (other than initial feasibility study),
- recurring staff or board training expenses and endowments.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFG Capacity Building Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.