Salisbury Rowan Community Foundation Grant Cycle
Foundation for the Carolinas
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Deadline: Sep 20, 2018 9:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Rowan County, North Carolina
Location of residency: Rowan County, North CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of the Salisbury Community Foundation is to inspire philanthropy and strengthen our community by supporting initiatives that address local needs and providing quality services to donors and constituents.
The Board of Trustees supports their mission through the annual competitive grantmaking program. The Foundation is an investor in the community and is interested in creating the highest possible levels of community gain, focused on improving the lives of Salisbury Community citizens.
Community Investment Guidelines
To decide how to invest the limited dollars of the Foundation, the Board will look for effective programs and strategies that strive to support the target areas listed below. Programs that are capable of attaining measurable results receive higher consideration. Grant requests are reviewed with the following questions in mind:
- What results are we investing in?
- What are the chances we will get results?
- Is this the best possible use of money?
Result and Investment Areas
Priority will be given to requests for projects and programs that address a community need. Eligible organizations are expected to address one of the following target areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Education: K-12
- Education: Higher Education and Workforce Development
- Human Services
- Social Capital
For the past several years the Foundation has accepted grant requests up to $10,000, noting that most previous awards are typically $2,500. Actual award amounts will be determined based on merit of the project and available funds. Proposals received requesting more than $10,000 will be returned for adjustment to be resubmitted or the proposal will not be considered.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants must be awarded to eligible organizations including 501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations, congregations, governmental and educational institutions for projects that will serve the residents of Salisbury and Rowan County.
- If the organization conducting the project is not an eligible organization, a grant can be applied for under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
- Organizations must be located within Salisbury and Rowan County.
- The following areas do not fall within the Salisbury Community Foundation’s current funding priorities:
- Capital campaign requests
- Debt retirement/deficit funding or expenses incurred prior to grant award decisions
- Direct support of individuals (e.g. scholarships, hardship)
- Duplication of existing programs or services by new organizations
- Endowment funds
- General operating support
- Travel and conferences
- Publication of books
- Projects that are typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government
- Projects that promote political or religious views
- Political or lobbying activities
- Sponsorships or fundraisers
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Salisbury Rowan Community Foundation Grant Cycle by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.