Samuel S. Fels Fund: Arts & Culture Grant
Samuel S Fels FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $30,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2020 2:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: Philadelphia County, PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Fels Fund’s mission is to improve conditions and opportunities for marginalized communities in Philadelphia, and move us towards a more socially, racially and economically just society.
We envision a day when all Philadelphians can live full, meaningful and dignified lives as valued and contributing members of our diverse and vibrant city.
Funding Focus: Arts & Culture
We provide two-year grants (primarily general operating funds) for exemplary Philadelphia arts and culture organizations whose primary mission is to do one or more of the following:
- use their art to expose and confront the policies, institutions and systems that create disparities and harm marginalized communities
- lift marginalized voices in pursuit of social change
- strengthen, preserve and/or share social or cultural identities and traditions
- Funding request can be for one or two years
- Must include performance or exhibit schedule
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We provide general operating support and some funding for projects.
- Who is eligible:
- Organizations who focus on the City of Philadelphia and have
- a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) designation or
- a not-for-profit mission and use a fiscal sponsor or national office.
- Ordinarily, the Fels Fund does not make grants for major programs of large institutions, capital and equipment, endowment and the routine or direct services of social service agencies.
- Individual daycare, after school programs and computer centers cannot be accommodated.
- Full list of what we do not fund below:
- Activities or services taking place outside of Philadelphia, PA
- Grants to individuals
- National, umbrella or re-granting organizations except those with Philadelphia offices
- Capital programs
- Deficit financing or emergency aid
- Purchase of tickets, tables, ads or sponsorships
- Parties, conferences, fairs, fundraising and one-time events
- Routine social services/counseling
- Drug and alcohol addiction programs
- Healthcare and health research
- Support groups for individuals
- Summer recreation programs
- Individual daycare or after school programs
- Programs for animals
- Environmental programs
- Religious and private education
- Individual public or charter schools
- Higher education
- Community computer programs
- Scholarships, fellowships, grants-in-aid of travel or research
- Publications or university presses
- Arts and Culture organizations without a mission that is primarily social justice-focused
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Samuel S. Fels Fund: Arts & Culture Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.