San Antonio Area Foundation: Capital and Naming Rights Grants
San Antonio Area Foundation
Grant amount: US $2,500,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 18, 2019 10:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Capital Project, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Atascosa County, Bandera County, Bexar County, Comal County, Guadalupe County, Kendall County, Medina County, Wilson County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Texas: Atascosa County, Bandera County, Bexar County, Comal County, Guadalupe County, Kendall County, Medina County, Wilson County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This funding aims to support local capital projects and naming rights opportunities in honor of the late John L. Santikos. Grants are reviewed and awarded once a year.
Santikos Charitable Interest Areas:
- People in Need
- Individuals with mental and physical challenges
- Victims of child abuse
- Victims of disasters
- Healthcare and wellness
- Medical research (seed funding)
- Youth and Education
- College and university programs - especially those focused on entrepreneurship and innovation
- Pre-K to 12
- Youth development
- Arts and Culture
- Arts education
- Public parks
- Public radio
- Public television
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Requests to the John L. Santikos Charitable Foundation, a fund of the San Antonio Area Foundation, for capital support are limited to organizations that are:
- 501(c)3 charities, academic and public sector institutions
- Located in Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina and Wilson counties
- Within the charitable interest areas set forth by Mr. Santikos.
- All proposals must present a significant naming rights opportunity and will be limited to requests for:
- Renovation, restoration, construction, acquisition and expansion projects
- All proposals must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be new, unique and/or introduce national best practices in the San Antonio area
- Demonstrate exceptional, potential impact measured by one or more of the following:
- Number of people served
- Type and scope of impact it will foster
- Opportunities for scalability
- Please note that the application for a capital grant will not exclude organizations from applying for other funding opportunities at the AreaFoundation.
- Extra consideration will be given to proposals that also accomplish one or more of the following:
- Align with city, county or other regional priorities
- Align with the Area Foundation's High School Completion and Successfully Aging and Living in San Antonio (SALSA) strategic initiatives
- Seek to match or leverage national funds
We will not consider proposals for endowments.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the San Antonio Area Foundation: Capital and Naming Rights Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.