San Antonio Area Foundation: Disaster Relief Funding
San Antonio Area Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Atascosa County, Bandera County, Bexar County, Comal County, Guadalupe County, Kendall County, Medina County, Wilson County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Texas: Atascosa County, Bandera County, Bexar County, Comal County, Guadalupe County, Kendall County, Medina County, Wilson County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Important Note: Grant applications will be accepted once a disaster has been declared in one of our eight-county funding area. A disaster has not been declared at this time.
Disaster Relief Funding
In the event of a crisis, emergency or natural disaster, the San Antonio Area Foundation is here to help.
Grant funding is available to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina and Wilson counties. Disasters will be declared by the Area Foundation based on the thresholds commonly used by the federal, state or national nonprofit agencies.
What we fund
- Assist those impacted by industrial accidents and widespread weather events
- Assist with money that can be used for food supplies, prescriptions/medical not covered by insurance, emergency shelter and cleanup of the disaster
- Support for those who cannot get assistance from other sources or whose losses are not covered by insurance
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for funding applicant organizations must:
- Be a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Provide programs and services directly benefiting Bexar County and the residents of the surrounding seven contiguous counties
- Grants will be awarded on an as needed basis.
- What We Do Not Fund
- For the Disaster Relief Funding grants, we do not make grants for:
- Capital campaigns
- Religious purposes
- Debt reduction
- Indirect costs
- Scholarships for colleges, universities and trade schools
- Political activities, organizations, or lobbying efforts intended to influence legislation
- Operating deficits or deficits due to:
- Gradual loss of funding
- Loss of government funding
- Waiting for government reimbursement
- Startup program expenses
- Operating expenses for strategic planning, organizational development needs or ongoing program work
- Expenses that should have been anticipated or result from failure to exercise proper maintenance or duty of care
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the San Antonio Area Foundation: Disaster Relief Funding by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.