San Diego County Childcare Provider Grant Program
The San Diego FoundationSuggest an update
Predicted deadline: Sep 21, 2021 5:00pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $3,500
Fields of work: Child Care Services Summer Camps
Applicant type: For-Profit Business, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Capital Project
Location of project: San Diego County, California
Location of residency: San Diego County, CaliforniaView website Save
About this funder:
About the Childcare Grant Program
On August 4, the San Diego County Board of Supervisors unanimously voted to distribute $25 million of CARES Act funding to eligible childcare providers in San Diego County.
To distribute the funds, the County has partnered with The San Diego Foundation, YMCA of San Diego County and Child Development Associates to manage the application, verification and grantmaking process.
Childcare providers can apply for support for staffing, supplies, mortgage and rental assistance, business resilience and capital improvements for outdoor areas.
- Large family childcare providers (licensed to care for a maximum of 14 children) will be eligible to receive up to $3,500 and small family childcare providers (licensed to care for a maximum of 8 children) will be eligible for up to $2,750.
- Non-government contracted, licensed childcare centers will be eligible to receive up to $175 per child capacity, based on childcare license capacity.
- Partially-funded Government contracted (i.e. CSPP, CCTR, Head Start), licensed childcare centers will be eligible to receive up to $175 per non-subsidized child, not to exceed license capacity.
- Non-government contracted, license-exempt group care providers, such as summer day camps, recreational programs that are camps and community youth clubs such as Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego, that serve school-age children up to 12 years old will be eligible to receive up to $100 per child capacity.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for funding, childcare providers must meet the following criteria:
- Must be in compliance with child-to-staff ratios mandated by the State of California.
- Must be located within the geographical boundaries of San Diego County.
- Must have self-certified on the grant application that all appropriated grant funds shall only be used for the purposes identified in the grant eligibility criteria, including support for staffing, supplies, mortgage and rental assistance, business resilience and capital improvements for outdoor areas.
- Must possess a valid childcare license issued by the State of California, Community Care Licensing, or provide a business statement of information if license-exempt.
- Must be open for business at the time of application or planning to open within 45 days of date of application.
- Family, friend or neighbor care providers are not eligible for this grant.