San Marcos Community Foundation: Wildlife Fund Grant (Regular)
San Marcos Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,500 - US $10,000
Next deadline: Oct 3, 2018 5:30pm PDT
Later deadlines: Jan 3, 2019 5:30pm PST, Apr 4, 2019 5:30pm PDT, Jul 5, 2019 5:30pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: San Diego County, California
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of the City of San Marcos is to improve the quality of life of those who live, work or visit San Marcos by providing a safe family atmosphere that is rich and diverse in cultural and natural resources and promotes economic and educational opportunities.
The Wildlife Fund was established thanks to the generosity of Carlos and Donna Royal. Known by millions around the world as "landlords" to Molly the Owl and her family – they have done an amazing job of educating and inspiring people about wildlife right in their back yard. Through their wise and dedicated approach they brought attention – and funds – to help San Marcos wildlife.
The Wildlife Fund is a community interest fund and is not endowed. Additional grants will be made from the fund as donations are received. We are grateful for the many generous people around the world whose donations and purchase of merchandise generated dollars to benefit San Marcos wildlife education and preservation.
Wildlife Fund Grants can be made to any non-profit organization serving San Marcos for projects to help with wildlife education or preservation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To qualify for funding, grant requests must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- The representing organization must be exempt from income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and Section 23701(d) of the California Revenue and Taxation Code.
- The request must be for a non-profit project or use directly benefiting the residents of San Marcos.
- Organizations may be based outside of San Diego County, however, all grants from our Wildlife Fund must go to organizations who serve San Marcos residents.
- Applicants may only apply two times per year - only one grant will be made in a year's time for the same project.
- Whether or not matching funds are required for a regular grant is at the discretion of the Board depending upon the specifics of the request.
- Funds may not be awarded to:
- Assist a religious, fraternal, or political purpose;
- Aid organizations whose primary function is to assist other charitable or public groups of activities through grants and donations;
- Underwrite the cost of advertising or fund-raisers.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the San Marcos Community Foundation: Wildlife Fund Grant (Regular) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.