Sand Hill Foundation Grantmaking Program
Sand Hill Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $3,000,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in California: San Mateo County, Santa Clara County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Our Focus Areas
How Communities Thrive: When people are provided with opportunities to grow, they flourish. When they care for the world around them, they contribute to a sustainable future. That’s why we support partners whose work focuses on people and place — work that makes a positive and lasting impact on our regional community.
Health & Opportunity
Growing Strong, Building Hope
Economic mobility is made possible by educational and employment opportunity, coupled with good health and a strong spirit.
Sand Hill Foundation funds organizations offering programs and services that provide pathways for low-income families and youth to stabilize, grow and thrive.
- Health: Programs that expand access to community health care services, including direct services and preventative education, mental health programs for youth, and crisis and grief counseling.
- Economic Opportunity: Asset-building activities like entrepreneurship, vocational training, and financial literacy coaching for low-income individuals and working families.
- Educational Opportunity: Academic, college access and completion, and character-building programs that take place after school and in summer, as well as scholarships, internships, and fellowships for youth and young adults.
Environment & Sustainability
Ensuring a Resource Rich Future
Sand Hill Foundation is dedicated to preserving and protecting the glorious natural environment we all share. As a community, we have an obligation to care for the place we call home. Our natural resources, public health, and economic prosperity are deeply interconnected.
- Conservation: Open space preservation and stewardship, primarily in San Mateo and northern Santa Clara Counties, and environmentally-sustainable business and farming practices.
- Environmental Education: Local programs that offer in-depth learning and promote a lifetime of environmental stewardship; science-based educational opportunities that use environmental experiences or principles to contribute to California teaching standards; and opportunities for low-income students to learn and live outdoors.
New organizations generally receive project support. Organizations that have received previous grants from the Sand Hill Foundation may also be eligible for capital, capacity building, and general operating support.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for funding, your organization must be a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and work within our geographic and programmatic focus areas.
- Our funding serves San Mateo and northern Santa Clara counties, from the Pacific Coast to the San Francisco Bay, and from Daly City to Mountain View.
- The Foundation will support only those organizations with strong and consistently applied non-discrimination policies.
- Please note that we do not fund or provide loans for individuals, medical research, or efforts designed to elect public officers
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sand Hill Foundation Grantmaking Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.