Sand Hill Foundation Grantmaking Program: Small Capital Needs
Sand Hill Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Next deadline: Aug 31, 2018
Later deadlines: Mar 30, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in California: San Mateo County, Santa Clara County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Our Focus Areas
How Communities Thrive: When people are provided with opportunities to grow, they flourish. When they care for the world around them, they contribute to a sustainable future. That’s why we support partners whose work focuses on people and place — work that makes a positive and lasting impact on our regional community.
Health & Opportunity
Growing Strong, Building Hope
Economic mobility is made possible by educational and employment opportunity, coupled with good health and a strong spirit.
Sand Hill Foundation funds organizations offering programs and services that provide pathways for low-income families and youth to stabilize, grow and thrive.
- Programs that expand access to community health care services, including direct services and preventative education, mental health programs for youth, and crisis and grief counseling.
- Economic Opportunity:
- Asset-building activities like entrepreneurship, vocational training, and financial literacy coaching for low-income individuals and working families.
- Educational Opportunity:
- Academic, college access and completion, and character-building programs that take place after school and in summer, as well as scholarships, internships, and fellowships for youth and young adults.
Environment & Sustainability
Ensuring a Resource Rich Future
Sand Hill Foundation is dedicated to preserving and protecting the glorious natural environment we all share. As a community, we have an obligation to care for the place we call home. Our natural resources, public health, and economic prosperity are deeply interconnected.
Ensuring a robust ecosystem requires a long-term view and sustained commitment to future generations.
- Open space preservation and stewardship, primarily in San Mateo and northern Santa Clara Counties, and environmentally-sustainable business and farming practices.
- Environmental Education:
- Local programs that offer in-depth learning and promote a lifetime of environmental stewardship;
- science-based educational opportunities that use environmental experiences or principles to contribute to California teaching standards;
- and opportunities for low-income students to learn and live outdoors.
Small Capital Grants
The Small Capital Grants program offers grants of up to $35,000 for targeted projects that will help meet an urgent need or provide funding to strengthen an organization.
Examples of past grants include: the costs of an unexpected office move, a new youth group van, technology upgrades, and the build-out of a small-business incubator space. New eligible areas include: project-based capacity building consultants for evaluation, strategic planning, data analysis, governance, human capital, and fundraising.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All organizations working within our focus areas and geographic scope are eligible to apply for small capital grants.
- Our funding serves San Mateo and northern Santa Clara counties, from the Pacific Coast to the San Francisco Bay, and from Daly City to Mountain View.
- Requests must be locally focused.
- The Foundation will support only those organizations with strong and consistently applied non-discrimination policies.
- Priority will be given to capital investments that:
- Meet an urgent need within the organization
- Are timely and strategic
- Are well researched
- Have a detailed completion plan in place
- Grantees who have received two grants in the last year are ineligible for a capital grant.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sand Hill Foundation Grantmaking Program: Small Capital Needs by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.