SBF Core Support for Basic Needs Grants
Santa Barbara Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 29, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Santa Barbara County, California
Location of residency: Santa Barbara County, CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Core Support For Basic Needs Grants
The Santa Barbara Foundation recognizes the importance of meeting basic human needs and values the critical work of health and human service agencies. Through its Core Support for Basic Needs grant program, it continues its commitment to address food, shelter, and health care for the most vulnerable members of our communities. Core Support for Basic Needs has been among the highest priorities for the Santa Barbara Foundation for nearly a decade and organizations providing food, shelter, and health care (including behavioral health) continue to report on-going sustained demand and challenges in meeting the needs of the communities they serve. For this reason, the Core Support for Basic Needs grant program criteria and priorities remain consistent this year. The Santa Barbara Foundation will keep agencies informed about any potential changes to the grant programming in 2019.
Core Support for Basic Needs Grants will be available to nonprofit organizations directly providing food, shelter and health care (including behavioral care). Funding can be used for operating expenses or costs related to sustaining and/or expanding service delivery programs to meet demonstrated demand.
In summary, funded organizations will:
- be providing direct services to address hunger, shelter, or primary and/or behavioral health care
- be well-managed, financially viable, and operate effective programs that primarily serve the needs of poor and underserved communities
- have developed short-term and long-term strategies for addressing identified organizational needs
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations must be certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or use a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Core Support for Basic Needs Grants are available to organizations serving all regions of Santa Barbara County.
- Priority will be given to organizations that:
- demonstrate sustained and/or increased demand for basic needs services (food, shelter, health care, or behavioral health)
- are taking steps to sustain or expand organizational capacity to address demand for basic needs services
- have identified comprehensive approaches to poverty that develop long-term self-sufficiency
- demonstrate cultural competence among volunteers, staff, and board members for the communities served
- Core Support for Basic Needs Grants are not for:
- Services and programs that are not directly providing food, shelter, or health care (primary and/or behavioral)
- Case management and information/referral services
- Clothing or transportation
- Aplications that do not contain a valid EIN (tax ID) number will not be considered.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SBF Core Support for Basic Needs Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.