Food, Shelter & Safety Grant Programs
Santa Barbara FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 15, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Santa Barbara County, California
Location of residency: Santa Barbara County, CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Community Grant Programs
Community grants are grants the foundation makes in response to needs and requests from the nonprofits in our community. They are supported by the foundation’s endowment and donors, and are awarded through a rigorous process of research, planning, due diligence and evaluation. Foundation staff consult with community volunteers whose expertise ensures a balanced approach to the review process.
Food Grant Programs
Food Grants are available to support nonprofit organizations directly providing services in the areas of food. Grant amounts: up to $50,000.
Shelter & Safety Grant Programs
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Santa Barbara Foundation awards grants to organizations certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code that provide programs and services in Santa Barbara County.
- A non-501(c)(3) is eligible to apply under a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) status.
- The Foundation supports organizations that do not discriminate in their delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The foundation will consider projects of faith-based organizations, but those projects must be secular in nature and open to individuals of all faiths and/or those of no religious affiliation.
- Community grants are not awarded for the following purposes or activities:
- Fundraising events
- One-time events, including recurring annual events
- Reimbursement for activities that occurred prior to the grant award date
- Influencing legislation and/or elections (within the meaning of section 4945(d)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code); except as that activity may be related to the purpose of the grant, and permitted for 501(c)(3) organizations by applicable law or Internal Revenue Service regulations
- Requests from individual schools, academies, or university departments that have not coordinated their request with their central school district or university fundraising arm, typically an education foundation
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Food, Shelter & Safety Grant Programs by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.