Santa Clara Valley Habitat Agency Grant
Santa Clara Valley Habitat Agency
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jul 9, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Santa Clara County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Santa Clara Valley Habitat Agency leads the implementation of the Santa Clara Valley Habitat Plan (Habitat Plan). The Habitat Plan is a 50-year regional plan to protect endangered species and natural resources while allowing for future development in Santa Clara County. In 2013 the Habitat Plan was adopted by all local participating agencies and permits were issued from the US Fish and Wildlife Service and California Department of Fish and Wildlife. It is both a habitat conservation plan and natural community conservation plan, or HCP/NCCP. This planning document:
- Helps private and public entities plan and conduct projects and activities in ways that lessen impacts on natural resources, including specific threatened and endangered species.
- Identifies regional lands—called reserves—to be preserved or restored to benefit those species.
- Describes how reserves will be managed and monitored to ensure that they benefit those species.
In providing a long-term, coordinated program for habitat restoration and conservation, the Habitat Plan aims to enhance the viability of threatened and endangered species throughout the Santa Clara Valley. The Habitat Agency implements the Habitat Plan and reports compliance to the Wildlife Agencies.
The types of projects that may be funded is based upon available funds and relevance to Habitat Agency needs. The following list is not all-inclusive, and additional detailed requirements apply to each type of project:
- Habitat creation, restoration, and enhancement;
- Species or Natural Community surveys and monitoring;
- Scientific research that promotes Habitat Plan biological goals and objectives; and
- Outreach and educational activities specified in the Habitat Plan.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants:
- Applicants must either be or partnering with:
- a governmental agency,
- a quasi-governmental agency, or
- non-profit organization.
- Non-profit and community-based organizations, or their partners, must provide evidence of current 501(c)(3) status at the time of proposal submittal to be eligible for funding through this RFP
- All eligible projects must advance:
- Projects providing 25% or more of the project cost as matching funds may be ranked above those that provide less than 25% matching funds.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Santa Clara Valley Habitat Agency Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.