Sapelo Foundation Grants
The Sapelo FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $20,000 - US $30,000
Next deadline: Aug 15, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Later deadlines: Feb 15, 2021 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Georgia (US state)
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Sapelo Foundation is a private family foundation focusing its funding within the state of Georgia. The Foundation is particularly interested in projects that involve multiple groups that work cooperatively toward common goals, accomplish systemic reform, and have a statewide impact. In addition, the Foundation gives special attention to low-resource regions in the state and innovative, community-based projects within the Foundation’s focus areas.
The Sapelo Foundation believes that the preservation of Georgia’s finite natural resources benefits all species of life and is essential to their health and long-term survival.
- To work for better public policy that reflects the scientific findings and best practices in the child development field; and
- To identify and change policies in Georgia’s underlying social services system that can prevent detention and sustain healthy behaviors outside the juvenile justice system
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only applications from nonprofit, tax-exempt, charitable organizations or educational organizations and institutions, which are exempt under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code, are accepted.
- Programs must specifically benefit Georgia and all funds must be spent within the state.
- The Foundation gives special attention to low-resource regions in the state and innovative, community-based projects within the Foundation’s focus areas.
- The Foundation actively seeks to promote access, equity, and inclusiveness, and to discourage discrimination based on race, creed, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and other factors that deny the essential humanity of all people.
- Active members of the Georgia Water Coalition and JUSTGeorgia currently receive priority for funding.
- The Foundation does not support projects operating solely within the Metro Atlanta Area.
- The Foundation does not fund the following:
- Brick-and-mortar, building projects or renovations, including construction materials and labor costs
- Endowment funds
- Fraternal groups or civic clubs
- Health care initiatives or medical research
- Museums, aquariums or other large public facilities
- National or regional organizations, unless their programs specifically benefit Georgia and all funds are spent within the state
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt
- Payment of debts
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sapelo Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.