SBF Express Grants
Santa Barbara Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jun 4, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 2, 2018, Aug 6, 2018, Sep 4, 2018, Oct 1, 2018, Nov 5, 2018, Feb 4, 2019, Mar 4, 2019, Apr 1, 2019, May 7, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Santa Barbara County, California
Location of residency: Santa Barbara County, CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
What are Express Grants?
Express Grants are awards with a short review period aimed at strengthening the organizational and programmatic capacity and effectiveness of Santa Barbara County nonprofits. The foundation believes organizations are more effective when they are equipped with thoughtful strategy, strong leadership, sound operations and compelling communication. It is our hope that this funding helps organizations strengthen these fundamentals in support of their mission and better programmatic outcomes. To provide flexibility and assist applicants in their planning, the foundation offers ten opportunities throughout the year to apply. Organizations may submit one Express Grant application per calendar year.
Types of Support
Express Grants are available for a variety of activities in the following four areas. Please review these Helpful Tips for additional information and examples, and contact the foundation if you have further questions about the suitability and competitiveness of your proposal.
- Organizational development and capacity building
- Staff or board training and development
- Defined projects
- Small capital items and equipment
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations must be certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or use a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) tax status.
- The foundation accepts applications from public entities such as schools, universities, and libraries through an affiliate or supporting 501(c)(3) organization.
- An agency acting as the fiscal sponsor on behalf of a community collaborative may be eligible to submit proposals on behalf of its own agency needs as well as the needs of the collaborative.
- See Eligibility FAQ here.
- Express Grants are available for organizations serving all regions of Santa Barbara County
- Express Grants are not made for:
- General operating support
- Program expansion or support for existing programs
- Fundraising events
- Endowment funds
- One-time events, including recurring annual events
- Tuition requests for Leading From Within programs (The foundation directly supports scholarship opportunities through its partnership with Leading From Within.)
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SBF Express Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.