SC Johnson Grants
SC Johnson Giving, Inc.
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Benton County, Arkansas, Alameda County, California, Counties in Georgia: DeKalb County, Fulton County, Counties in Illinois: Cook County, DuPage County, Bay County, Michigan, Hamilton County, Ohio, Racine County, Wisconsin Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
SC Johnson is proud to support its communities through philanthropic giving.
Our efforts assist existing non-profit organizations or programs focused on defined areas of interest including education, social services, environment, community development, arts and culture, and health.
Areas of Focused Giving
Arts, Culture & Humanities
- Programs that provide accessible and affordable arts and cultural experiences to the community, i.e., the performing arts, architectural and historical societies, museums, zoos.
Community & Economic Development
- Programs that improve the quality of life in the areas of economic and community infrastructure, capacity building, economic development, safe neighborhoods and job training.
- Programs that emphasize student academic achievement, with a focus on academic enrichment and advancement, i.e., early childhood education, K-12; post-secondary; technical and vocational schools.
Health & Wellness
- Programs that encourage public health and wellness education and equitable access to healthcare, as well as community sports and recreation programs.
- Programs that provide supportive services for low-income/at-risk individuals or families to help them on the road to self-sufficiency, i.e., services for families, disabled, elderly; domestic disaster prevention; temporary shelter; and support for the disadvantaged and those living in poverty.
Environment & Sustainability
- Programs that encourage sustainability through stewardship of community ecosystems; pollution abatement; natural resource conservation; environmental beautification; renewable energy; and wildlife preservation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible for an SC Johnson grant?
- Your organization must be a registered, qualified tax-exempt, section 501(c)(3) charity based in the United States, or a government entity such as a school, library, or public agency.
- SC Johnson predominately supports institutions or organizations that serve or directly impact communities where we have major operations.
- While we put emphasis on geographic areas where we have major operations, we do entertain requests that are regional or national in scope.
- What organizations or programs will not be considered for an SC Johnson grant?
- Social, athletic, veteran, labor fraternal organizations or religious groups, as such, but will consider programs that are documented to show they benefit the community as a whole
- Organizations based outside the United States
- Political action groups, candidates or lobbying efforts
- Salary or wage support for staff or administrative personnel other than what might be needed for administration of specific programs or projects
- General operating support for organizations that are supported by the United Way, but consideration will be given to specific programs that are not funded by the United Way
- Conferences, seminars or workshops since this is the primary function of The Johnson Foundation, an operating foundation based in Racine, WI that receives major support from SC Johnson.
- SC Johnson may consider requests for support of conferences, seminars or workshops outside of Racine, WI, on a case-by-case basis.
- Any program, initiative, or effort that might pose a possible conflict of interest for SC Johnson or any of its businesses (e.g., programs that provide a direct benefit to the company)
- SC Johnson does not support organizations that have a policy of discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression or transition, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, whether the discrimination policies are written or are in practice.
- Our policy is to not provide grants to any organization that maintains such a policy.
- SC Johnson does not fund organizations with a pending 501(c) (3) status.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SC Johnson Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.