SCANDEM Travel Grant
Scandinavian Society for Electron Microscopy
Grant amount: €500 - €1,000
Deadline: Apr 30, 2018
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Working Professional PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
SCANDEM (Scandinavian Society for Electron Microscopy) was founded October 16, 1948, at the Research Institute of Experimental Physics in Stockholm. It has since then served as an active organization focusing on all aspects related to microscopy. This includes developments of the technology, specimen preparation techniques, applications in material and life sciences and new types of microscopy. Most of the members, more than 300 in 2012, come from universities, research institutes and industries in the Nordic countries. To promote the knowledge of microscopy in this environment the Society is coordinating a number of activities:
- An annual SCANDEM meeting is organized by a local committee. This 3-4 days event alternates between the Nordic countries. It covers all aspects related to microscopy and lectures are given by Nordic as well as invited non-Nordic scientists. All participants are encouraged to bring posters, which are discussed in special sessions, and a few poster prizes are normally awarded. SCANDEM also sponsors the participation of students at the meetings by giving travel grants. A highly valued event at the SCANDEM meetings is the commercial exhibition at which companies in the field have an opportunity to present their products.
- SCANDEM is supporting courses in different fields of microscopy.
- Grants for attending conferences, courses, workshops, etc are given yearly.
SCANDEM is a member of the International Federation of Societies for Microscopy (IFSM), and of the European Microscopy Society (EMS). Today SCANDEM includes all the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), and has also members from other countries.
The by-line "Scandinavian Society for Electron Microscopy" was in 2002 changed to "Nordic Microscopy Society".
Travel grants can be applied for taking part to a SCANDEM congress or other microscopy related meetings, or for visiting microscopy laboratories in order to learn new methods. Following amounts of travel grants can be applied: up to 500 € for meetings or laboratory visits in Europe, up to 1.000 € for meetings or laboratory visits outside Europe.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Travel grants are available for young scientists (PhD students and PhDs up to 10 yrs from dissertation) and technicians who are members of the Nordic Microscopy Society.
- Budget request:
- Up to 500 € for meetings or laboratory visits in Europe.
- Up to 1.000 € for meetings or laboratory visits outside Europe.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be a SCANDEM members. One can apply to become a member at the same time as the application is sent.
- Grants for participating SCANDEM meetings have priority.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SCANDEM Travel Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.