Schlessman Family Foundation Grant
Schlessman Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $250,000
Next deadline: Nov 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Jul 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Colorado: Adams County, Arapahoe County, Boulder County, Broomfield County, Denver County, Douglas County, Jefferson County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Colorado: Adams County, Arapahoe County, Boulder County, Broomfield County, Denver County, Douglas County, Jefferson County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Schlessman Family Foundation
The Schlessman Family Foundation was founded in 1956 by Gerald L. and Florence M. Schlessman. It was established to provide charitable support in granting opportunities for children and adults hindered by economic status, physical or mental challenges, or requiring additional educational opportunities with the intent to enable them to become self-sufficient, productive members of their community. Since its inception, the Foundation has contributed over $54 million to more than 800 charities.
VISION: The Schlessman Family Foundation envisions a Denver Metro area where all residents are educated, healthy and have the opportunity to be self-sufficient, productive members of their community.
MISSION: The Foundation’s mission is to support strong nonprofits that provide programs and support to vulnerable Denver Metro area residents, and institutions that contribute to the enrichment and sustainability of the Denver community.
Areas of Giving
The Schlessman Family Foundation grants funding primarily in the following areas:
- Programs and services that support workforce development, especially those that foster initiative and a positive work ethic
- Education programs that work to address the needs of under-served students or improve literacy among adult learners
- Elder/Senior programs that assist in providing the necessities of life or to assist them to live independently in a safe environment by providing basic human needs
- Food service and delivery programs
- Programs that serve people with disabilities, including those with physical, behavioral, and/or substance use disorders
- Programs that serve the homeless community
If your organization has received a grant in the past 3 years, please follow the link below to apply. Please note, completed applications will only be considered if submitted before the due date of November 1st.
If your organization has not received a grant in the last 3 years please follow the link below to submit a letter of intent. Please note, letters of intent will only be considered if submitted before the due date of July 15th.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Schlessman Family Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations in the seven-county Metro Denver area -- Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties.
- The Foundation considers organizations that use a fiscal agent or sponsor as long as the applicant has a 2 year operations history in Denver.
- Grants are NOT made to individuals or to fund scholarships for specific individuals.
- Applications from organizations that are new to Denver are not accepted. Organizations must have at least a two-year history of operations in the Metro Denver area.
- Support for fundraising events, conferences or workshops will not be granted.
- Performing arts organizations should only apply at trustee invitation.
- Research grants will not be supported.
- Direct support is not granted to:
- Public, independent, private or charter schools.
- Churches or religious organizations. However, we do fund faith-based organizations that are providing services and programs that help disadvantaged populations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Schlessman Family Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.