Schuyler County Fund Grant
Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc.
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Sep 20, 2018
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Schuyler County, New York
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the Schuyler County Fund
The Schuyler County Fund at the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc. provides a vehicle for individuals, families, and businesses to invest in the residents of Schuyler County and to protect the physical environment of the region. The Community Foundation is a public charity that encourages funding requests from non-profit organizations whose programs:
Guiding Principles for Grantmaking
- The Community Foundation builds community and inspires philanthropy. We support creative, effective and innovative programs in the areas of human services, arts and culture, education and youth, health, the environment and civic affairs. Successful projects will address community needs while demonstrating sustainable impact and measurable outcomes
- We strive to create healthier conditions for people in our community by collectively improving and/or developing them together.
- Funded programs will provide clearly stated goals for the incorporation of diverse cultures, philosophies and experiences. Diversity is present not only in program delivery but also in the mission, boards, and operations of the organization
- The voices of the underserved and economically diverse are important, and programs designed to foster access for community connections are preferred.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only projects serving the citizens of Schuyler County may be considered.
- The Schuyler County Fund supports a wide variety of projects but does restrict itself to organizations:
- Classified as a nonprofit charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code; or publicly supported organizations such as school districts and municipalities
- Who have submitted a grant evaluation for any completed program previously funded by the Community Foundation
- Projects that address pressing issues and benefit from strong community partnerships
- Proposals from faith-based organizations will only be considered if:
- service benefits all, regardless of religion;
- service provided is not religious in nature; and
- there is no proselytizing associated with the service.
- The Schuyler County Fund does not make grants for the following activities:
- Annual campaigns, special event fundraisers or sponsorships
- Religious purposes
- Political or partisan purposes
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made
- Deficit funding or debt retirement
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Schuyler County Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.