Roger Taylor Travel Bursary
Grant amount: £750
Anticipated deadline: Mar 20, 2018 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The award is intended as a travel grant for students and early career researchers with up to ten years postdoctoral experience to attend an important international meeting for the advancement of fullerene and related science such as the functionalisation of carbon materials including carbon nanotubes and graphene.
The Roger Taylor Award is generously funded by the Taylor family as an endowment to the British Carbon Group and it is intended to make one award per year with a bursary of £750. The applicant must state which conference they wish to attend.
The Award is international and consequently is open to scientists living and working in any country and of any nationality, with one exception which is that anyone living or working, at the time of the conference, in the country where the conference is held, is not eligible.
Self-nomination is not permitted. The Award Committee of the British Carbon Group will determine the successful applicant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Award is international and consequently is open to scientists living and working in any country and of any nationality.
- Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply.
- Professor Taylor was a keen participant in the following two conferences, so preference will be given to a scientist who will attend and present at either of:
- the series of biennial conferences organized by Professor Vul and colleagues in St Petersburg, formerly known as IWFAC (International Workshop on Fullerenes and Atomic Clusters), now operating as "Advanced Carbon Nanostructures" organized by the Ioffe Institute or
- the next Electrochemical Society meeting, which in this case means the SOFC-XV: 15th International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (July 23-28, 2017) in Florida, USA.
- Anyone living or working, at the time of the conference, in the country where the conference is held, is not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Roger Taylor Travel Bursary by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.