Sea-Changers Main Grants Programme
Sea-ChangersSuggest an update
Grant amount: £500 - £1,200
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 30, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 31, 2021
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Research
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save
About this funder:
What We Do
We are a UK charity, managed by a small team of volunteers who love the UK’s seas, shores and wildlife.
We give grants to UK marine charities and not for profit organisations for conservation and research projects.
How to Apply for Funding
Sea-Changers gives grants to a range of UK-based, marine conservation charities and not-for-profit organisations. We are particularly interested in grassroots projects which galvanise community action and projects which increase the number of people taking action for marine conservation.
The projects funded will achieve one or more of the following objectives:
- To address the root causes of marine conservation threats and challenges in the UK.
- To prevent or reduce negative impacts on UK coastal and marine environments and/or species.
- To add to the body of knowledge about marine conservation threats and challenges in the UK.
Marine Litter Fund
In 2018, we received a £20,000 grant from the Gardener’s Trust which enabled us to launch a specific fund to address marine litter issues, with the following objectives:
- To address the root causes of marine litter in the UK.
- To prevent or reduce marine litter impacting on UK coastal and marine environments and/or species.
- To add to the body of knowledge about the nature and impact of marine litter in the UK.
We are primarily seeking applications in Scotland at the current time.
We allocate grants from our General Grant Fund and the Marine Litter Fund twice a year.
Data and results from research projects undertaken as a result of SeaChangers grant funding must be made available to Sea-Changers and shared with appropriate marine databases when completed.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Funding should support UK charities or not for profit organisations.
- Applicants can only submit one funding application per cycle.
- All applications should be outcome focused and should describe the specific impact that the funding /project will make.
- Sea-Changers will only fund work/initiatives that can clearly demonstrate they meet our
charitable purposes and objectives.
- Sea-Changers is particularly interested in grassroots projects which galvanise community action and in projects which increase the number of people taking action for marine conservation.
- We do not fund the following:
- Projects that have a political aim.
- Applications solely to fund administrative or core operating costs.
- Retrospective projects or funding requests.
- Individuals or causes that will benefit only one person.
- Capital costs for building work or refurbishment.
- Projects partly or wholly outside the British Isles.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sea-Changers Main Grants Programme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.