Sea-ChangersSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Next deadline: Mar 31, 2019
Later deadlines: Sep 30, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Objective: To promote, for the benefit of the public, the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural marine environment and promote marine bio-diversity.
Core belief statements:
- The resources of the oceans are not limitless and the marine environment is both precious and fragile.
- The marine environment and many marine species are in crisis – action is needed now to address this.
- Human life depends on the health of the oceans – protecting the marine environment is also protecting human life and helping some of the poorest communities around the world.
- Commercial and individual sea-users do not have an inherent right to use the sea with impunity.
- Sea-users should be proactively asked give something back to the marine environment.
Sea-Changers raises money for a range of UK based, marine conservation charities and not for profit organisations. The projects funded all fall within one of the following marine conservation areas:
- Marine Reserves/Protected Marine Areas
- Direct Marine Clean-Up Action
- Education, Campaigning and Awareness
- Species Protection and Research
Successful applications receive support for projects aimed at creating a world where:
- Seas and shores are healthy and clean
- Marine species are protected and abundant
- People have a clear understanding of their impact on the marine environment and are actively encouraged to minimise this
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Funding should support UK charities or not for profit organisations.
- Applicants can only submit one funding application per cycle.
- All applications should be outcome focused and should describe the specific impact that the funding /project will make.
- Sea-Changers will only fund work/initiatives that can clearly demonstrate they meet our
charitable purposes and objectives.
- The grants panel will give priority to projects that we have not funded previously.
- Sea-Changers will not fund:
- Projects that have a political aim
- Projects for marine animal welfare
- Administrative or core operating costs
- Retrospective funding
- Individuals or causes that will benefit only one person
- General appeals or circulars
- Capital costs for building work or refurbishment
- International projects – i.e. projects outside the UK
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sea-Changers Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.