Sea Pact Funding
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $30,000
Next anticipated deadline: Aug 20, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 14, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Research, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Sea Pact is a group of leading North American Seafood Companies dedicated to driving stewardship and continuous improvement of social, economic, and environmental responsibility throughout the global seafood supply chain.
Sea Pact strives to advance environmentally sustainable fisheries and aquaculture practices and provide the building blocks for a long term and sustainable seafood industry. To accomplish this, Sea Pact has pledged to financially contribute to selected projects that are aligned with Sea Pact’s mission.
Organizations that are seeking financial assistance for projects aligned with Sea Pact’s mission, in the following categories, are encouraged to apply:
- Gear or Farm Improvements
- Species Research and Data Collection
- Research to Improve Farming Practices
- Fisheries Management
- Regional Aquaculture Management
- Fishery Habitat Restoration
- Wild Stock Enhancement
- Fisheries Conservation
- Fisheries Improvement Projects
- Aquaculture Improvement Projects
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
Types of projects eligible for funding:
Gear or Farm Improvements
Species Research and Data Collection
Research to Improve Farming Practices
Regional Aquaculture Management
Fishery Habitat Restoration
Wild Stock Enhancement
Fisheries Improvement Projects
Aquaculture Improvement Projects
Institutional indirect costs can be allocated up to 10%.
- Sea Pact wishes to place an emphasis on projects that are engaging in efforts relating to bycatch reduction, innovations in aquaculture, or social responsibility within the seafood supply chain.
- Projects impacting the top seafood species consumed on a global level are preferred.
- We are dealing with a Global supply chain for seafood so our geographical scope is not limited to any one region.
- However, we are looking to improve projects and processes in Global regions which are not fully developed and can benefit most from the added funding.
- When evaluating potential projects, SeaPact will consider the applicant's ability to obtain matching funds as part of the selection process.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sea Pact Funding by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.