Sea Turtle Grants: Emergency Fund
Sea Turtle Conservancy
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Florida
Location of residency: FloridaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Funded by a portion of revenues from Florida's Sea Turtle Specialty License Plate, the Sea Turtle Grants Program distributes funds each year to support sea turtle research, conservation and education programs that benefit Florida sea turtles.
Approximately 70% of the funding generated by sales of the tag goes to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission's Marine Turtle Protection Program to support research and management activities related to sea turtles. Approximately 30% is distributed to the Sea Turtle Grants Program. The Sea Turtle Grants Program is administered by the non-profit Sea Turtle Conservancy.
As the Sea Turtle Grants Program continues, a portion of the grant funding will be set aside each year for addressing sea turtle emergencies. These funds will be used to help Florida's Marine Turtle Permit Holders respond to unforeseen sea turtle issues, such as mass strandings, illnesses, or other threats.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations must actively participate in marine turtle research, conservation, and educational activities within the state of Florida:
- Florida Coastal Local Governments,
- Florida-based Non-Profit Organizations, Education and Research Institutions.
- Funding in this category is for Florida's Marine Turtle Permit Holders.
- Funding can be awarded to address immediate and unforeseen sea turtle issues, such as mass strandings, illnesses, or other threats.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sea Turtle Grants: Emergency Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.