Sea Turtle Grants: Mini-grant to Support Ongoing Permit Holder Activities
Sea Turtle ConservancySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000
Deadline: Mar 13, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Florida
Location of residency: FloridaView website Save
About this funder:
Funded by a portion of revenues from Florida's Sea Turtle Specialty License Plate, the Sea Turtle Grants Program distributes funds each year to support sea turtle research, conservation and education programs that benefit Florida sea turtles.
Approximately 70% of the funding generated by sales of the tag goes to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission's Marine Turtle Protection Program to support research and management activities related to sea turtles. Approximately 30% is distributed to the Sea Turtle Grants Program. The Sea Turtle Grants Program is administered by the non-profit Sea Turtle Conservancy.
Funding to support ongoing Florida Marine Turtle Permit-related Nesting Beach Surveys, Stranding and Salvage, or Rehabilitation Activities. This is awarded as a non-competitive (selected at random from registered applicants) Mini-Grant specifically in support of these activities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations must actively participate in marine turtle research, conservation, and educational activities within the state of Florida:
- Florida Coastal Local Governments,
- Florida-based Non-Profit Organizations, Education and Research Institutions
- Eligible organizations or institutions conducting ongoing Florida Marine Turtle Permit-related:
- Nesting Beach Surveys,
- Stranding and Salvage, or
- Rehabilitation Activities.
- Funding in this category is intended to support established activities of Florida's Marine Turtle Permit Holders.
- You can both apply for Competitive Grant Funding AND register for Ongoing Activity Funding.
- Groups whose Competitive Grant Application is approved will automatically be withdrawn from the Ongoing Activity pool.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sea Turtle Grants: Mini-grant to Support Ongoing Permit Holder Activities by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.