Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Masters Student PhD Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Research, Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
SEAL Awards Overview
The SEAL (Sustainability, Environmental Achievement & Leadership) Awards launched in 2017 and is an awards-driven environmental advocacy organization. Our core beliefs maintain that environmental progress requires leadership, leadership deserves recognition, and recognition is a form of accountability.
Seal Awards are granted to graduate students (master's and PhD students) and postdocs working on advancing environmental policy or the public’s understanding of an environmental issue.
The amount of award(s) is up to $5,000 with the average award being $1,000 or less.
Conditions of Award
- By accepting a SEAL Grant you agree to be cited in SEAL press release and social media announcements.
- Any air travel in course of the project is required to include payment of carbon offset (e.g. CarbonFund.org).
- Recipients of a grant are required to submit an annual report within one year of receipt of funds to the SEAL Awards CEO outlining impact and use of funds.
- Notification of award is early July.
- There is no restriction on timing surrounding when funds must be spent.
- Projects must have a reasonable chance of producing results that can influence either:
- environmental policy (eg - corporate policy, governmental policy), and/or
- the public’s understanding of an environmental issue.
- Projects must have a strong clarity of purpose. For example, the merits of research project can be convincingly summarized in 5 or fewer bullet point sentences.
- Projects must be able to quantify impacts (i.e. cost and benefits).
- Particular areas of interest could include, but are not limited to:
- environmental economics
- environmental sustainability
- natural resources
- food loss & waste
- carbon and other industrial pollution mitigation, etc.
- The maximum grant size is $5,000, and any application asking for more than this will be rejected.
- The total budget of a project, however, can be higher if there are other sources of funding awarded or being considered.
- Funds will not be provided to cover any of the costs of a study course.
- This award does not allow for overhead to be taken so 100% of funds will be available to the grantee.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SEAL Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.