SEARCA Full Master's and PhD Scholarships
SEARCASuggest an update
Deadline: Jul 31, 2020
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Agriculture Forestry Natural Resources Fisheries Climate Change Resilience
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam Show all
Must travel to: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand
Age restriction: No more than 40 years of ageView website Save
NOTE: Applications may be submitted to one of Ministries of the applicant’s own country, which are are then screened and sent to SEARCA. Applicants are thus requested to check from their respective Ministries of Education/Higher Education for their deadline of receiving applications. Deadline for the Ministries to send endorsements to SEARCA is 31 July of every year.
Full Master's and PhD Scholarships
SEARCA's Graduate Study Program was initiated in School Year 1968/1969. Over five decades, the scope of the Graduate Study Program has expanded to include institutional development, networking, and services to enhance graduate education in the region. SEARCA has also been providing services for administration of scholarship funds under the sponsorship of institutions other than SEAMEO.
As of the start of Academic Year 2019-2020, SEARCA has granted a total of 1,737 scholarships to nationals of SEAMEO member countries, namely: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam to pursue advanced studies leading to master's and doctoral degrees in agriculture, forestry, and related sciences.
Proposed thesis research should focus on SEARCA's overarching theme of Accelerating Transformation Through Agricultural Innovation (ATTAIN) with the following priority areas:
- Agri-Business Models for Increased Productivity and Income
- Sustainable Farming Systems and Natural Resource Management
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Transformational Leadership for ARD
- Gender and Youth Engagement in ARD
- Enhanced ARD towards Climate Resilience
- Eco-Health/One-Health Applications to ARD
- tuition and other school fees;
- travel allowance (roundtrip air ticket from home country to study post and local transportation);
- thesis/dissertation support;
- book and supplies allowance;
- health insurance; and
- a stipend for food, lodging and incidental expenses.
Any of the following universities, as well as those that have institutional arrangements with SEARCA, may serve as study posts of SEARCA MS and PhD scholars:
- Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB) Bogor, Indonesia
- https://www.ku.ac.th/https://www.ku.ac.th/ Bangkok, Thailand
- Universitas Brawijaya (UB) Malang, Indonesia
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines
Proposed thesis research should focus on SEARCA’s overarching theme of inclusive and sustainable agricultural and rural development (ISARD).
Thus, areas of specialization of scholarship applicants must pursue should be agriculture or related sciences, which include but are not limited to those that fall under the following program clusters:
- Agricultural/Biological sciences
- Social Sciences
- Economics and Agribusiness
- Forestry and Fisheries
- Environmental Sciences
- Agro-industrial Technology and Engineering
Moreover, priority research topics must fall within the ISARD strategic thrusts on social inclusion, environmental sustainability, and cross-cutting concerns.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Open to nationals of SEAMEO member countries who are regular employees of academic or research institutions or government agencies.
- Must not be more than 35 (Master's Degree) or 40 (PhD) years of age at the time of application.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”