Competitive Community Grants - Fall Cycle
Santa Fe Community Foundation
Predicted deadline: Aug 31, 2024
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Fields of work: Art & Culture Public Policy Historic Preservation Civic Engagement & Education Food Access & Hunger Sustainable Agriculture & Agroecology Environmental Stewardship Renewable/Sustainable Energy Air Quality Land/Habitat Conservation Career/College Preparation Youth Development & Leadership Financial Literacy Apprenticeship & Internship Programs Employment Services Job Creation Animal Welfare - General Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in New Mexico: Mora County, Rio Arriba County, San Miguel County, Santa Fe County
Location of residency: United States
The Santa Fe Community Foundation provides several opportunities for eligible nonprofits—both statewide and in our funding region (Santa Fe, Mora, Rio Arriba, and San Miguel counties)—to apply for competitive grants.
Our fall grant cycle welcome proposals from organizations that are engaged in direct service, policy advocacy, and/or collaborative efforts to improve outcomes in the following areas:
You may request $5,000, $10,000 or $15,000, depending on your annual operating budget size, as follows:
- Organizations/projects with an annual budget under $150,000 may apply for a $5,000 grant;
- Organizations/projects with an annual budget between $150,000 and $500,000 may apply for a $10,000 grant;
- Organizations/projects with an annual budget over $500,000, may apply for a $15,000 grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant applications will be accepted from organizations that:
- Are located in or serve the people of Santa Fe, Rio Arriba, San Miguel or Mora counties;
- Are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or are a public or governmental agency or a federally recognized tribe in the state of New Mexico, or that have a fiscal sponsor;
- Employ staff and provide services without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation; and
- Are at least three years old.
- If your organization received a community grant from us in 2022, we ask that you sit out for a year.
- If your organization received a donor advised grant from us in 2022 (but not a community grant), you are still eligible to apply for a competitive grant in 2023.
- If your organization received a community grant from us in 2022, or if you are not interested in applying for a grant, you may submit an abbreviated application to be included in the 2023-2024 Giving Together catalogue, which goes out to fundholders.
- We do not make grants for the following:
- Religious purposes
- Capital campaigns or endowments
- Private school tuition assistance
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”