Segal Family Foundation Grant Program
Segal Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $30,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Burundi; Rwanda; Tanzania, United Republic of Other eligible locations: Botswana; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The; Ethiopia; Ghana; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Nigeria; Rwanda; Senegal; Sierra Leone; South Africa; South Sudan; Tanzania, United Republic of; Togo; Zambia; Zimbabwe Show all
Location of residency: Africa, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We support a wide range of organizations. If you are interested in joining SFF’s family of partners, carefully consider the following before applying:
Stage of Maturity
Organizations that are more likely to be considered for a grant…
- Are small and early stage
- Have an annual budget ranging between $50,000 and $500,000
- Demonstrate at least two years of operations and successful fundraising to support such operations
- Have paid staff and a board of directors or advisory committee.
- Are legally registered as a nonprofit organization in the country of operations.
Fit - Organizations that are more likely to be considered for a grant…
- Are led by people who live and work in the community.
- Engage the communities they serve in their own development.
- Can demonstrate that their work is effective.
- Show innovation in their approach.
- Have ambition to grow their impact.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Geography - Organizations that are more likely to be considered for a grant…
- Operate in a country where SFF currently has several other grantee partners.
- Operate in a country that is not currently involved in armed conflict.
- Operate in countries where we are actively growing our portfolio:
- Rwanda, and
- We are currently only accepting solicited applications from organizations working in Kenya or Uganda.
- Funding restrictions:
- Our support is generally capped at 20%-30% of an established organization’s budget.
- We want to be an influential support while ensuring our partners have diverse donor networks.
- We do not provide funding to create new organizations.
- We do not support solely research or advocacy-based organizations.
- We do not support local affiliates of international organizations.
- We do not fund individuals, endowments, or capital campaigns.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Segal Family Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.