SEH Grants in Herpetology - Conservation
Societas Europaea Herpetologica (SEH)Suggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Dec 31, 2020
Grant amount: Up to €2,000
Fields of work: Herpetology Herpetological Conservation
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Europe
Location of residency: EuropeView website Save
The SEH Conservation Committee and the SEH Council will decide on the project applications, and priority will be given to those addressing species conservation priorities identified by the SEH CC and the Council. The decision will take into consideration:
- Conservation value of the proposal
- Extent of the area to be covered (especially in distributional, mapping gap filling projects)
- Likelihood of success, with realistic, measurable targets
- Costs and timetable (expenses for the project ‐ material, other costs (e.g. petrol))
- Scientific background
- Necessity of SEH funding: pilot projects are welcome
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Project orientated to the conservation of the amphibians and reptiles of Europe and the Mediterranean basin, focused on either a single species, a group of species, a habitat or a geographical area.
- Applicant must ensure to have all the necessary permits or permissions from the relevant authorities needed to undertake the work.
- Projects are expected to be ended by the end of 2021 and funds must be used predominantly for field-based activities.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Precondition of application is active SEH membership status.
- Applications from young researchers are particularly encouraged.