Selected Professions Fellowship: Focus Professions Group
American Association of University Women (AAUW)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $18,000
Deadline: Dec 1, 2019 9:59pm PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Fellowship, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Gender restriction: Female
Exclusive to minorities: YesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Selected Professions Fellowships program was created in 1970 to support women in graduate and professional degree programs in fields where female participation traditionally has been low.
Focus Professions Group Fellowships
The designated fields eligible for fellowship funding are:
- Business administration (MBA) — applicants may apply for second year of study only
- Law (JD) — applicants may apply for third year of study only
- Medicine (MD), (DO) — applicants may apply for third or fourth year of study only
Special notice: Applications submitted that do not adhere to the specified fields of study for funding as outlined above will be disqualified.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants are women who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States who have achieved high standards of academic excellence and show promise of distinction in their respective fields.
- Applicants must be full-time students at an accredited U.S. institution during the fellowship year, and should be pursuing a course of study in the United States over the full academic year
- Applicants should be enrolled in master’s level degree programs only.
- Open only to women from ethnic minority groups historically underrepresented in certain fields within the United States:
- Black/African American,
- Mexican American,
- Puerto Rican and other Hispanic,
- Native American/Alaska Native, and
- Asian American/Pacific Islander.
- Eligible costs:
- Educational expenses
- Living expenses
- Dependent child care
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship
- Priority is given to women who do not already hold a master’s or first professional degree.
- Ineligible applicants:
- Previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants)
- Non-eligible Factors:
- Joint degree programs: An individual enrolled in a joint-degree program may apply for support only if she plans to pursue full-time coursework during the entire fellowship year in one of the approved designated fields. Fellowship funds may not be used to support coursework in other fields, even if part of a joint-degree program.
- Distance learning: This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance-learning programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components.
- Ph.D. coursework or dissertations: Fellowships do not support Ph.D. coursework or dissertations.
- Funds are not available for:
- Purchase of equipment
- Indirect costs
- Research assistants
- Previous expenditures, deficits, or repayments of loans
- Tuition for dependent’s education
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Selected Professions Fellowship: Focus Professions Group by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.