SETAC/Procter & Gamble Fellowship for Doctoral Research in Environmental Science
Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
Grant amount: US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 27, 2018
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: North AmericaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The SETAC / Procter & Gamble Fellowship for Doctoral Research in Environmental Science, sponsored by the Procter & Gamble Company, will provide $15,000 (USD) for 1-year Ph.D. studies. Although this award is offered annually, its focus rotates among Europe/Africa, Asia/Pacific–Latin America, and North America.
The Fellowship for 2018 will target students in North America. Proposals for 2018 must be submitted by 27 August 2017. Topics for the 2018 Fellowship are listed below.
- Methods to Determine Fate of Chemicals in Solid and Water Waste Systems.
- Rapid Approaches to Estimate Bioaccumulation, Bioavailability or Mode of Toxicity.
- Animal Alternative, In Vitro and In Silico Methods for Environmental Assessments.
- New Methods to Extrapolate Laboratory Measures of Environmental Fate and Effects to the Field.
- Use of LCA and Other Methods to Assess Sustainability of Chemicals, Products and Energy.
- Using Environmental Science for Critical Evaluation of "Green Chemistry" and Ecolabel Schemes.
- Use of Environmental Science and Risk Assessment in Sound Management and Regulation of Chemicals.
Each fellowship recipient is assigned a Procter & Gamble mentor and a SETAC liaison to discuss research progress and to develop links to professionals conducting similar research in business, academia, and government. Each recipient will be invited to give interim and final presentations at regional and global SETAC meetings as well as at a Procter & Gamble Technical Center.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Doctoral students who are SETAC members and whose research area and academic standing are consistent with the research topics may apply.
- The student's major professor/dissertation director must have a good academic record and be or become a SETAC member.
- Because the award is paid to the recipient's institution to cover costs and because no overhead expenses are allowed, it is necessary that an authorized representative approve the application on behalf of the institution and certify that none of the award will be spent on overhead.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SETAC/Procter & Gamble Fellowship for Doctoral Research in Environmental Science by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.