Sharing Prince George’s County Grant
The Greater Washington Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 10, 2019 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Prince George's County, Maryland
Location of residency: Prince George's County, MarylandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Sharing Prince George’s County is a strategic funding effort representing a collection of philanthropic resources, including the Prince George’s Neighbor to Neighbor Fund and the MGM National Harbor Fund established by The Community Foundation. Its aim is to increase economic security for residents of Prince George’s County by providing support for safety-net programs which help individuals in crisis to lift themselves out of poverty, educational activities that prepare young people for a successful transition to adulthood, and workforce development opportunities that will help residents earn a living-wage.
The Sharing Prince George's Fund only makes grants to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations with programs or services conducted in Prince George’s County, Maryland, that meet one of the following program objectives:
- Safety-net. To meet the basic needs of children and families in the County by strengthening the delivery of essential services (e.g. food, housing, emergency services).
- Education. To support young people from Pre-K through post-secondary education to develop strong literacy and problem-solving skills; and, to prepare young people for a successful transition to adulthood by providing academic and supportive services that increase the number of County youth who graduate from high school ready for post-secondary opportunities.
- Workforce Development: To improve workers’ career prospects and earnings by increasing the number of County residents who acquire a post-secondary credential.
Grants of up to $20,000 will be awarded for program support addressing one program objective.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will be awarded to select organizations that meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- The applicant (defined as the agency that will receive the grant agreement and funds, if awarded) must have current status as a 501(c)(3) public charity designation. Organizations that have not yet received a 501(c)(3) designation must have a fiscal sponsor to serve as the applicant who meets all eligibility requirements at the time of submission.
- The organization must not be listed on the Office of Foreign Assets Control Specially Designated Nationals list.
- The proposed program/project must be conducted within Prince George’s County, Maryland.
- If applying for general operating support, the applicant must be headquartered within Prince George’s County.
- The applicant/program must meet one of the program objectives listed in the following section.
- If previous funding has been received from The Community Foundation, the applicant must be current in reporting to The Community Foundation as specified in the grant agreement. An interim report must be submitted if the grant period is not yet complete.
- The applicant must be working with at least one other partner (nonprofit, business) to provide the services described in the request (MOU or other agreement document signed by both parties describing the relationship must be provided)
- Grants of up to $20,000 will be awarded for program support addressing one program objective.
- Priority consideration for funding will be given to programs/projects that serve the residents of the Southern portion of Prince George’s County if applying for safety net support.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sharing Prince George’s County Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.