ShastaRCF: Animal Welfare Endowment Fund
Shasta Regional Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $7,500
Deadline: Jun 20, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Shasta County, Siskiyou County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Shasta Regional Community Foundation is a nonprofit, public charity serving the people of Shasta and Siskiyou counties in California. Established in 2000 by a group of dedicated community volunteers, the Community Foundation helps people achieve their charitable goals. In partnership with our generous donors, we are building resources that will serve our communities now and in the future.
The Community Foundation created this fund to provide for the care of animals in Shasta and Siskiyou Counties. As the fund grows, grants will be made to nonprofit organizations who promote animal welfare such as support for: rabies clinics, spay and neuter services, animal rescue, animal rehabilitation and more. This Fund also supports wild animals with welfare related projects.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded to:
- Nonprofit organizations with tax exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
- public schools, and
- other public organizations.
- The Fund awards grants primarily for the care and feeding of animals in Shasta and Siskiyou counties.
- The Foundation will not knowingly support organizations whose programs or services are not open to all without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We recognize that organizations may identify special needs in the community and target programs or services to a specific population based on those needs; however the programs must be open to all people in those targeted populations to be eligible for grant consideration.
- Projects that can demonstrate a strong volunteer component are encouraged to apply and generally receive preferential consideration in the grantmaking process.
- Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate partial project funding from other sources. Funding from a variety of entities demonstrates broad interest.
- Organizations whose 501(c)(3) status isn’t current will not be eligible for funding consideration.
- Grants are not awarded to or for:
- Budget deficits
- Endowment funds or annual fund drives
- Land purchase
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ShastaRCF: Animal Welfare Endowment Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.