Shasta RCF: Burney Regional Community Fund Grant
Shasta Regional Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $7,500
Deadline: Mar 4, 2020 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Shasta County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Created by and for the people of Shasta and Siskiyou counties, Shasta Regional Community Foundation is a tax-exempt charitable organization working to enhance the quality of life for all people in the North State region. Founded in 2000, the roots of the Community Foundation can be found in the passions of a group of residents concerned with the well-being of future North State generations. Today, the Community Foundation services the region by building permanent endowments, addressing needs through grantmaking and by providing community leadership.
We are Certified, National Standards for U.S. and a member of the League of California Community Foundations.
The Burney Regional Community Fund
The Burney Regional Community Fund was established to address the needs within the communities of the Greater Burney Region, and to build a community of philanthropists in the region now and forever. The fund was established with a gift of $500,000 from Pattern Energy Group LP, the energy company responsible for the Hatchet Ridge Wind Farm. Upon commencement of construction for the Wind Farm, Pattern invested $5 million in the Burney Region which includes the founding gift to this fund. Grants from this fund will be awarded to nonprofit organizations in the region through a competitive process.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded to:
- Nonprofit organizations with tax exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- public entities, excluding schools.
- The Burney Regional Fund supports needs within the communities in the greater Burney area - as set by the boundaries of the Fall River Joint Unified School District in California.
- Organizations with a grant report past due to the Community Foundation are not eligible to apply.
- Organizations whose 501(c)(3) status isn’t current will not be eligible for funding consideration.
- Grants are not awarded to or for:
- Schools or organizations that directly support schools or provide services to schools
- Individuals (A grant cannot be awarded to an individual person by SRCF)
- Land purchase
- The Foundation will not knowingly support organizations whose programs or services are not open to all without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We recognize that organizations may identify special needs in the community and target programs or services to a specific population based on those needs; however the programs must be open to all people in those targeted populations to be eligible for grant consideration.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Shasta RCF: Burney Regional Community Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.