ShastaRCF: McConnell Fund
Shasta Regional Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 7, 2019 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in California: Modoc County, Shasta County, Siskiyou County, Tehama County, Trinity County
Location of residency: Counties in California: Modoc County, Shasta County, Siskiyou County, Tehama County, Trinity CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The McConnell Foundation is a private independent foundation located in Redding, California. We have developed a partnership with the Shasta Regional Community Foundation to further promote philanthropy in Shasta, Siskiyou, Trinity, Tehama, and Modoc Counties in California. The McConnell Fund at the Shasta Regional Community Foundation was established in 2001. The McConnell Foundation directors chose the Community Foundation as a funding partner because of its connection and widespread involvement in the communities they serve. This fund is another way The McConnell Foundation furthers its mission of helping building better communities through philanthropy.
The Fund awards grants primarily for the purchase of equipment or building-related projects in the following areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Community Vitality
- Social Services
- Health Care
- Children, Youth, and Education
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- As a broad-based funder, we award grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, public education institutions, and government entities located in our giving area which is primarily Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, and Trinity Counties in California.
- Grants are awarded to:
- Nonprofit organizations with tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Public entities (schools, districts, cities, etc.)
- The McConnell Fund accepts grant requests for:
- Up to $50,000 from eligible organizations in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Tehama counties
- Up to $30,000 in Trinity and Modoc counties.
- While the upper limits are posted avove by County, proposals of all sizes are highly encouraged.
- Relative strength of proposal taken into account, priority will be given to funding organizations which have not received grants from The McConnell Fund during the past 12 months.
- Projects that can demonstrate a strong volunteer component are encouraged to apply and generally receive preferential consideration in the grantmaking process.
- Organizations with a grant report past due to the Community Foundation are not eligible to apply.
- Grants are not awarded to or for:
- Administrative, operating, or program expenses, including personnel costs
- Budget deficits
- Endowment funds or annual fund drives
- Essential government services
- Sectarian religious purposes
- Land purchase
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ShastaRCF: McConnell Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.