Shaw's Foundation Grants
Shaw's Supermakets Charitable Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Food Access & Hunger Education Youth Services Health & Medicine Nutrition & Healthy Eating
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Grant Funding Guidelines for Shaw's & Star Market
Our Foundation funds organizations that strengthen the neighborhoods we serve.
We support nonprofit organizations whose mission is aligned with our priority areas:
- Youth and Education
- Health and Nutrition
Organizations we fund must serve the community where we operate. To learn more about our operating area, please view our online map at Albertsons.com, found here. We work with existing and new partners that we proactively seek out and identify as collaborators to achieve our mission and goals. Grants made in a limited geography will be considered by the local Public Affairs Staff, found here. Amounts vary by region.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applications in California, Hawaii and Reno-area Nevada require an employee sponsor.
- We only support organizations with a valid 501(c)(3) designation from the IRS and schools recognized by the government.
- To apply for a grant, you must fill out an online application. The online system will triage the requests and send them to the appropriate geographic team for consideration. It will take approximately 8 weeks from the close of the application cycle for us to get back to you on the status of the grant.
- TIP: To Strengthen Your Application – Include an Employee Sponsor
- On the online application, you will be asked if you have a sponsor and then offered the opportunity to provide their name. We will contact that employee to learn more about your work before the application is considered. Typically, an employee sponsor is a volunteer, board member or someone who has been helped by your organization. If you cannot identify an employee in your ranks, we recommend you speak to your local Store Manager to see if they would be willing to sponsor.
- Although we would love to help everyone, the Foundation generally does not fund:
- Individuals or for-profit organizations
- Political organizations or activities
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Capital or building campaigns
- Advocacy programs
- Meetings, conferences or workshops
- Sports teams or athletic competitions
- Other foundations or granting organizations
- Fundraising dinners, galas, and events. We generally do not sponsor these events because the sponsorship is not fully deductible and because we prefer that our funds go directly to program services rather than offsetting event expenses.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”