Sheila Fortune Foundation Grant
Sheila Fortune FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Mar 23, 2021 4:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $4,000 - US $10,000
Fields of work: Performing Arts
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado, Indiana, New Mexico, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: Colorado, Indiana, New Mexico, PennsylvaniaView website Save
About this funder:
The Sheila Fortune Foundation was formed in 1998 by Sheila Fortune to promote the interests of at-risk youths by providing them the opportunity to experience and participate in educational activities through the arts.
The Foundation holds the philosophy that many youths from all backgrounds and experiences are gifted but need a medium and the opportunity to express and develop their talents. In accordance with its philosophy and the resources available to the Foundation, it has initially established the following guidelines for its activities.
- The Foundation will identify organizations which are familiar with at-risk youths and provide the youths with a stabilized setting, and the Foundation will grant support in order to enable these organizations to develop and administer programs promoting the interests and abilities of these youths in the arts.
- The scope of arts programs is not intended to be limited to any particular programs but could include interests in theatre, dance, painting, music, film and photography.
- The Foundation will defer to other organizations as to the identification, intervention, and the immediate or long-term physical and emotional needs of these youths.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit charitable organizations that are exempt from federal taxes under section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Revenue Code can apply for grant.
- We provide grants to programs, not to individuals.
- The Foundation will limit its activities to a few select programs and only within the States of Colorado, Indiana, Pennsylvania and New Mexico, but may consider programs in other states with the board's approval.
- 5. Long time SFF grantee recipients (10-plus years), are respectfully requested to take a two-year sabbatical from applying for funding from the Sheila Fortune Foundation beginning in 2019.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”