Shield-Ayres Foundation Grant
Shield-Ayres FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $10,000
Next deadline: Aug 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Feb 15, 2021 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Bexar County, Travis County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Shield-Ayres Foundation strengthens organizations that effectively meet the basic human needs of the most vulnerable members of our community, provide access to educational opportunity and the arts, advocate for social justice, and promote land and water conservation.
Health and Human Services
We embrace a sense of shared humanity and equality; in response, we support programs serving vulnerable populations that address the complexity of human need by:
- Providing access to services that fulfill basic needs
- Financial and legal assistance
- Mental and physical healthcare
- Building self-reliance
- Fostering faith and spirituality
- Advocating for public policy initiatives to support social justice
We are keenly aware of the impact of growth and development on our environment; in response, we support programs that work in the following areas:
- Land and water conservation
- Endangered species protection
- Environmental education
- Access to natural spaces
- Advocacy for public policy initiatives to support environmental stewardship
Education and Arts
We recognize the potential of education and the arts to empower, enrich, and transform lives; in response, we support programs that focus on providing underserved populations with educational opportunities or access to the arts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- programs that focus primarily in Austin, San Antonio
- The Foundation generally does not fund unsolicited requests for the following:
- Animal welfare programs
- Therapeutic animal programs
- Private primary or secondary schools
- Universities – The exception to this are university-sponsored programs that align with one of the Foundation’s funding priorities other than access to education. Prior to submitting an LOI, prospective university applicants must contact the Foundation with a brief summary of their proposal to confirm alignment
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Shield-Ayres Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.