Shirley Charitable Foundation Grant
Shirley Charitable FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Next deadline: Dec 15, 2019
Later deadlines: Jun 15, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Middlesex County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Since 1998 the Shirley Charitable Foundation has been aiding community members and programs to enrich the quality of life in the Shirley Community. The Foundation is focused on bringing people together through programs that might otherwise not be available concentrating on education, public safety, youth activities, arts and cultural performances and senior citizens. We strive to engage people and organizations with shared goals to work together, assisting them with grants and technical support. We also act as a vehicle for linking community resources with community needs, recognizing the importance of a strong vibrant community.
Shirley Charitable Foundation Grant
Although the Shirley Charitable Foundation doesn't prioritize any particular area for funding, it does focus on programs, activities and strategies that create social change in any number of areas. We support programs that are examples of creative problem solving and programs that work collaboratively with other organizations for a common purpose. It is expected that grants will be in the amounts up to a maximum of $2,000, which will be awarded in two grant cycles per calendar year.
The Foundation will award grants to:
- Programs that directly benefit the town of Shirley .
- Programs in education for residents of Shirley .
- Programs for the senior population of Shirley .
- Programs that foster community spirit .
- Programs that help make a societal change .
- Programs that support the vision and goals of the Foundation.
Types of Grants
Full Grants — awards are typically granted ranging up to a maximum of $2,000 through two yearly grant cycles.
Small Grants — throughout the year we may fund a small number of grants under $500 for innovative programs that fit into our general guidelines but are time sensitive due to unforeseen circumstances.
Grant Cycles and Deadlines
Full Grants are awarded on March 30th and September 30th. Grant application deadline for a March 30th award is December 15th prior. Grant application deadline for a September 30th award is June 15th prior.
Mini Grants are awarded through out the year as determined by the Foundation Board of Directors. We cannot expedite a funding decision
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations serving Town of Shirley.
- The Foundation encourages and gives added consideration to programs that include a plan for sustainability and programs that work in collaboration with others.
- The Foundation will not award grants to:
- Programs that do not directly benefit the town of Shirley .
- Requests intended to cover operating costs.
- Programs to support basic or direct social service programs .
- Programs that are discriminatory in any way .
- Programs sponsored by political or religious groups .
- Discretionary or emergency requests.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Shirley Charitable Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.