Shreveport Geological Society Scholarship
Shreveport Geological Society
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Mar 15, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Shreveport Geological Society offers scholarships for undergraduate
and graduate study in geology-related programs to encourage innovation
in the field and help you reach your dreams.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Each applicant must be enrolled in, or about to enroll in, an accredited educational institution which has a physical campus and which has a department, course of study, program, or major in the field of geology.
- The Selection Committee will only consider Applicants, if he or she will be at least at an undergraduate junior level in their course work during the school year for which they are applying.
- Each applicant must have a minimum of eight hours of geology classes and be a full time student pursing a degree in geology.
- Each applicant shall demonstrate an interest in pursuing a course of educational study in geology.
- Each applicant must exhibit some need for financial assistance in order
to enable him or her to complete his course of geological studies.
- Each applicant must show sufficient academic ability to enable him or her to complete courses of study necessary to graduate from the educational institution chosen by him or her, and which has or will admit such applicant as a student.
- Each applicant shall have such character and desire to obtain an education that he or she may be expected to work hard and seriously to continue and complete his or her education.
- Special consideration will be given to renewal scholarships previously granted to worthy students to enable them to continue or complete their education.
- No scholarship shall be made
to a person, if as a result therof, an officer or member of the Board of
Directors of the Foundation or the Selection Committee shall derive a
private benefit, either directly or indirectly, there from.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Shreveport Geological Society Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.