SPGT Student Bursary
Shropshire Parks & Gardens TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £500
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, Conference, Education / Outreach, Research, Project / Program
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save
About Shropshire Parks and Garden
The Shropshire Parks and Gardens Trust is a registered charity founded in 1997. It works to protect historic gardens throughout Shropshire and influence public awareness and appreciation of the county's parks and gardens heritage.
A national organisation representing 32 County Gardens Trusts actively engaged in conserving, researching, documenting and caring for our heritage of parks, gardens and designed landscapes.
The Shropshire Parks and Gardens Trust offers a limited number of bursaries to assist with the purchase of items such as cameras, memory cards, books and other resources and equipment to support your studies. Financial assistance towards travelling expenses and short courses to enhance a student's study are also valid reasons for consideration by the Trust.
The use of the Bursary could include the following;
- Research: Study of and preservation of research material and documents relating to Shropshire's historic parks, gardens or any significant designed landscape.
- For the purposes of the bursary scheme, Shropshire includes the area now administred by Telford and Wrekin Council.
- Surveys: Archaeological, photographic, historical, environmental, horticultural or botanical.
- Planning: Conservation, restoration or management plans.
- Archival surveys: that result in a body of written or illustrative work.
- Publications: on specific sites or topics related to garden design, history or horticulture in Shropshire.
- Exhibition / Educational material: For the general public or other educational purposes such as use in schools or adult education.
- Course fees: Whether in part or whole.
- Learning: The purchase of books, cameras and other pertinent resources.
- Travelling expenses: Legitimate costs to allow access to special events would also be considered by the Trust.
Please note other criteria may be considered by the Shropshire Parks and Gardens Trust on enquiry.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications are welcome from students who are normally resident in Shropshire no matter where they may be studying.
- Applications may be received at any time of year.
- Applicants may be full-time or part-time students.
Your course must involve an element of study connected with parks, gardens or designed landscapes.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SPGT Student Bursary by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.