Shubert Foundation: Arts Related Organizations Grants
The Shubert FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Oct 15, 2020 3:00pm PDT
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Theater Dance
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The principal goal of The Shubert Foundation is to support not-for-profit, professional theatre and dance companies in the United States. The program areas of Arts Related Organizations and Education are smaller than those of Theatre and Dance and necessarily limited. The Shubert Foundation awards unrestricted grants for general operating support, rather than funding for specific projects.
Grant Programs: Arts Related Organizations
Some organizations that help support the development of theatre and dance are eligible for funding. Grants to these organizations are based principally on an assessment of their work, as demonstrated by past and current performance. Impact, administrative strength and fiscal stability are factored into each evaluation.
Criteria range from the general to those specific to each applicant; they include:
- Record of artistic achievement
- Impact of the organization and its programs
- Record of developing new work
- Other significant contributions to the field
- Administrative strength
- Ability to generate both earned and contributed income
- Fiscal stability
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- These grants are awarded exclusively to US organizations, which must have current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status in order to be eligible for funding.
- Approximately 74% of Shubert funding is directed to not-for-profit, professional theatres—and 16% to dance companies—in the US, with an emphasis on producing, rather than presenting, organizations.
- The Foundation provides grants only to organizations that have an established artistic and administrative track record, as well as a history of fiscal responsibility.
- The Foundation provides unrestricted grants for general operating support, primarily to professional producing theatre and dance companies.
- The Shubert Foundation does not award scholarships to individuals.
- The Foundation does not provide seed money, program, or project support.
- The Foundation does not fund capital campaigns, endowments, or renovations, radio, film, TV, or other media projects.
- The Foundation does not support fiscally sponsored organizations.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”