Shubert Foundation: Dance Grants
The Shubert Foundation
Predicted deadline: Oct 18, 2024 3:00pm PDT
Grant amount: More than US $15,000
Fields of work: Dance
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
- Record of artistic activity
- Impact of the organization’s programs
- Record of developing and producing new work
- Demonstrated commitment to underserved audiences and/or underrepresented voices
- Fiscal responsibility
- Ability to generate both earned and contributed income
- Other significant contributions to the field
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded exclusively to US organizations, which must have current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and must submit current financial statements in order to be eligible for funding.
- The Foundation provides grants only to organizations that have an established track record as well as a history of fiscal responsibility.
- The Foundation exclusively provides general operating support.
- Dance Company Requirements
- Because support for Dance companies is a secondary focus of The Shubert Foundation, funding in this category is inherently more limited.
- Please note the following requirements for Dance organizations:
- A minimum of 8 dancers must be employed for at least 10 salaried weeks of rehearsals and performance.
- Dance companies must present a minimum of 10 professional performances annually.
- Organizations must have annual operating expenses of $500,000 or higher (not including in-kind support).
- Non-professional community dance organizations are not eligible for funding.
- Funds are not provided for project support, nor allocated for capital or endowment campaigns, nor to individuals or conduit organizations.
- The Shubert Foundation does not support dance education, schools, or studios outside of New York City. We do not plan to expand our focus to support these organizations in the foreseeable future.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”