The Carl Gans Award
The Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Aug 24, 2019
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Faculty Working Professional Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of SICB is to further research, education and public awareness in the areas of organismal, functional and evolutionary biology. Organismal biology comprises diverse fields that lead to a better understanding of whole organism function and the interface between organisms and their physical and biological environments. Comparative morphological, developmental, physiological, behavioral and biomechanical approaches examine functional diversity and integrate the study of living and physical systems.
The Division of Comparative Biomechanics is pleased to announce this year’s competition for the annual.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Candidates must be members of SICB.
- This award is given annually either to:
- An outstanding young investigator (eligible candidates are those who have completed their doctorate within the past seven years) for distinguished contributions to the field of comparative biomechanics
- An investigator at any level for the single most significant contribution published in the past (2015) calendar year to the literature of comparative biomechanics, including research papers, review articles, and books.
- For either type of award, candidates may apply directly or be nominated.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Past winners of the Bartholomew Award are ineligible to compete for the Gans Award.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Carl Gans Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.