Simons Foundation Targeted Grants in Mathematics and Physical Sciences
Simons FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Research Scientist Faculty College / University
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Simons Foundation’s Mathematics and Physical Sciences (MPS) division invites applications for its Targeted Grants in MPS program.
The program is intended to support high-risk theoretical mathematics, physics and computer science projects of exceptional promise and scientific importance on a case-by-case basis.
The Targeted Grant in MPS program provides funding for up to five years. The funding level and duration is flexible and should be appropriate based on the type of support requested in the proposal. There is no recommended or assumed funding level for this program.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications may be submitted by established U.S. and foreign public and private educational institutions and stand-alone research centers.
- PIs and co-Investigators must have a Ph.D. and a tenure-track or tenured position at said institutions or centers.
- There are no citizenship or department requirements for PIs.
- Allowable expenses include:
- Up to one month of summer salary and related benefits per year for the PI and any co-Investigator(s).
- Domestic or international travel for the PI and co-Investigator(s).
- Research equipment, experiments, computations and other expenses directly benefiting the research.
- Salary support and related benefits, including tuition support, for staff/research scientists, postdoctoral fellows and research associates, graduate students or undergraduate research assistants.
- Please see the foundation’s grant policies for further guidelines. Indirect costs are limited to 20 percent of applicable direct costs, as outlined in the policies. Please note that travel expenses are not capped at $4,000 per year per individual for this program.
- The emphasis of the program is theory, but projects with some experimental components may be considered.
- We do not accept applications from adjunct faculty members.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Simons Foundation Targeted Grants in Mathematics and Physical Sciences by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.