Simons Postdoctoral Fellowships in Marine Microbial Ecology
Grant amount: Up to US $261,000
Deadline: Jun 15, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: PhD Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 3 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Simons Foundation invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships to support research on fundamental problems in marine microbial ecology. The foundation is particularly interested in applicants with training in different fields who want to apply their experience to understanding the role of microorganisms in shaping ocean processes, and vice versa, as well as applicants with experience in modeling or theory development. While these cross-disciplinary applicants will receive particular attention, applicants already involved in ocean research are also encouraged to apply. The foundation anticipates awarding five fellowships in 2018.
The award is for three years, contingent upon satisfactory annual progress reports, and will include an annual stipend of $62,000 and an annual allowance of up to $25,000. The allowance may be spent on health insurance for the fellow and family, other benefits as required by the institution, research supplies, small equipment (including computers), attendance at scientific meetings, and other research-related travel. Up to $2,000 of the allowance may be used for relocation of the fellow and family to the host institution. Relocation costs must be in accordance with the policies of the host institution. Payment cannot be made directly to fellows. Policies and procedures governing this award can be found here.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants should have received their Ph.D. or equivalent degree within three years of the fellowship’s start date.
- Applicants may be citizens of any country.
- Awards can only be issued to nonprofit research universities or research institutions in the U.S.
- Applicants must have institutional approval to document the commitment from the fellow's institution(s) to administer the fellowship.
- Preference will be for applicants with no more than one year of postdoctoral experience.
- No indirect or overhead costs may be charged.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Simons Postdoctoral Fellowships in Marine Microbial Ecology by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.